ARGH!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l4dva

Guru
Two punctures in the past five days!!!

London roads and my conti ultra sport tyres don't really go together. I had to walk about 4 miles this morning because my spare inner tube was still punctured from the first puncture I had a few days ago... just my luck hey!!

Any ways I think I should invest in new tyres now!

When I was last looking for a tyre I thought of conti ultra sports, as they were cheap but it seemed some folk found them very p'ture prone. I was using conti 4 seasons no complaints there, other than the price. I was advised conti gator skins which seem a very good tyre for commuting. I was using them for the club run however and wanted something that would roll better and went with a conti grand prix 09. I can't tell you how good it is or not though, its still not fitted.

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
Hmm thanks for the info, I am thinking gator skins as well but I have a much much longer commute now 23 miles each day and some times more depending which way I go home. So ideally I want something that roll's nicely and is lighter.

I used to have michelin krylion carbon tyres on my old bike which I commuted on in Birmingham (only 13 mile round trip) these where brilliant! I used them for about 600 miles with no punctures (before that bike was stolen!)

I'm not sure if these will be good enough for London roads though, I'm not sure if 600 miles is anough testing to say they are really puncture proof?!?!

Has anyone tried that tape that you can put inside the tyre that adds an extra layer between the inner tube, is this worthwhile???

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Gatorskins divide opinion. I know several riders, some speak highly, others deride them.

The Conti Sport Contact is also a slick and it's pace is on par with the Gators, but you get a lot better puncture protection. Also, they come with a free inner tube and a year's guarantee from Conti in case of puncture.

Been using mine for 3 months now on a 24 mile round commute and no probs thus far. Keep PSI max.

Here don't forget to check your tyres regularly (if you don't) for bits of glass and stuff.....No p*nct*res for me for somewhere near two years.(touchwood)

Funny thing is the p*nct*re fairy always gets you...The van thingy transporting me to the hotel in Thailand got a p*nct*re last March.Still we didn't crash,by some sort of miracle...some of them drive like boy racers.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Easy answer - move back to Birmingham!

I'm playing reverse psychology with the p fairy.

I don't really know how people can get punctures so often.

I haven't had a puncture in years... la la la

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
hmmm so im thinking of going for the michelin krylion carbon, just woundering what your throughts are on yellow/black tyres on a all black bike (boardmans team carbon)?

Top Bottom