Arise, Sir Lewis of Hamilton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

No they don't, those who can afford to use an accountant to come up with ways of creatively avoiding paying their fair share, while those on PAYE stump up the full amount, ie contractors allegedly being self employed springs to mind.
I beg to differ, I bet you cannot find a single high paying taxpayer who does not pay basic tax, yes they may limit their liabilities by legally dodging what we would expect them to pay, but basic 20p in the pound, Nope!

DRM

Guru
Pretty sure Geraint Thomas and his family live in Wales.
Yes he does, as well as Nice

DRM

Guru
I beg to differ, I bet you cannot find a single high paying taxpayer who does not pay basic tax, yes they may limit their liabilities by legally dodging what we would expect them to pay, but basic 20p in the pound, Nope!
So why not pay 20p in the pound on the whole lot over the allowance, instead of shirking their responsibilities, the government are just looking after the wealthy, when does it become enough it’s greed, was once crowed at by a builder, working for a company who made out he was self employed, he was on over twice as much as me, yet paid peanuts in tax, it’s disgusting, and should be stamped on.

screenman

Legendary Member
So why not pay 20p in the pound on the whole lot over the allowance, instead of shirking their responsibilities, the government are just looking after the wealthy, when does it become enough it’s greed, was once crowed at by a builder, working for a company who made out he was self employed, he was on over twice as much as me, yet paid peanuts in tax, it’s disgusting, and should be stamped on.

He was bragging, I have been self employed over 45 years the tax benefits are extremely thin on the ground for the average guy. Anyways more fool you if the guy was on twice as much, you could have done the same but it would have meant giving up security, sick pay, holiday pay, pensions and maybe in some cases a few more things.

D

Deleted member 26715

Sorry but you have broken logic, if they are all paying the basic 20% plus they are likely to be paying all the way up to 45p on some, how will paying 20p how will only paying 20p be better, as they will still be allowed the same allowances. You have to remember that most of these people are not doing anything illegal if you feel it's incorrect petition your MP to get the rules changed.

stephec

Legendary Member
You have to remember that most of these people are not doing anything illegal if you feel it's incorrect petition your MP to get the rules changed.
This, unfortunately you'd be asking them to do something that would probably have a detrimental effect on themselves and their friends.

D

Deleted member 26715

This, unfortunately you'd be asking them to do something that would probably have a detrimental effect on themselves and their friends.
Yep, but that's the only way to get it changed

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation

It would be a more interesting world if Lords had to live in the place attached to their title (some have chosen some silly places over the years) and a similar thing were made for knighthoods. Sir Lewis of Stevenage.

Top Bottom