Arm Warmers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I was nice and warm this afternoon, except for my arms. Are arm warmers worth having, or would a better jacket be a better investment.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
well i don't have arm warmers but i do have leg warmers. i would say they are more practical as they give you more options. on those days when the weather is unpredictable you can rest assured your ready for all options.

as with most stuff I'm getting these days i recommend Endura kit :smile:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I have endura armwarmers and they're very good.

BUT! I wore them all day about three weeks ago and when I took them off the silicone that holds them to your skin had effectively burnt my arm - I had a blister which has just now gone done. It was most odd and not attractive-looking so I'm not now wearing them for a bit.

GrasB

Veteran
Arm warmers are better, they offer flexibility. You can more easily mix n' match layers to meet your requirements. Arm warmers under a 'base layer' (actually it's a running top) then gives me a choice of gilet, light or heavy weight jersey.

Another vote for armwarmers. Especially when starting out on a long ride on a cool morning. You can keep your arms / elbows nice and warm while the rest of you warms up, then take them off and keep them in a jersey pocket.

I find that they come into their own when riding into a cold wind - they keep the chill off my elbows without flapping about like the sleeves of a coat would!

Top Bottom