Arsenal - Barcelona

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Great comeback!

OP
OP
4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Dayvo said:
Barcelona were outstanding in ther first half, but Arsenal have clawed back well.

Soft penalty, though, and not a red card, unless he said something he shouldn't!

I think he got sent off for having hair like a girl, well deserved. :biggrin:

Melvil

As a gooner I was cringing all through the first half - Barca should have got 3 and the fact they didn't was due to Almunia and several dreadful misses by Ibrahimavic (sp?). In the second half we got back into it and once Walcott came on actually started making advances. Even from my side the penalty wasn't really fair but TBH we had lots of decisions go against us so fair does really. We'll have a really really tough time at the Nou Camp next week, though, not looking forward to that.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Barca are missing their two centres backs now are they not? Might be in with a chance, but got this funny feeling Messi is gonna be harder to nail down at Nou Camp!! From what Ive seen of him in some of the games he is up their with the Hand of God in footballing ability.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Barca are good, but they have the advantage of playing in a league that's on a par with Scotlands and they don't have the high intensity fixtures that English clubs have to face every week.

Arsenal were brilliant for not buckling and losing by a shedload.

rich p said:
No Fabregas next time.

There wasn't much Fabregas this time.

Smokin Joe said:
Barca are good, but they have the advantage of playing in a league that's on a par with Scotlands and they don't have the high intensity fixtures that English clubs have to face every week.

Arsenal were brilliant for not buckling and losing by a shedload.
Thats not really a fair comparison, Spain has two great teams and some good. Where in Scotland just now we've (the Scots) two crap teams and the rest of them are worse.

MarkF

Guru
A wonderful game and the football from Barcelona was beautiful. xx(

Smokin Joe said:

That is wrong IMO. I spend plenty of time in Spain and their league, IMO, is superior to the Premier League. It's stronger and just as intense. They have a regular top 4 too but I believe the rest to be far stronger than the PL's "rest". Technically, a provincial, small, La Liga team like Sporting Gijon are light years in front of, say, Blackburn Rovers.

Top Bottom