Arsenal V Barcelona.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Greedo;1172030][QUOTE=4F said:
Calm yerself! You hardly "got me". Just stating a fact :biggrin:

OK then here is my fact. I support the only team with an unbeaten home record in the uefa cup (and I am not talking about any of those 1 / 2 season clubs like Millwall who only played in Europe a couple of times) who have won the UEFA cup since your lot last did :sad:

And for good measure have another one of these

woooooooosh

Greedo

4F;1172038][QUOTE=Greedo said:
OK then here is my fact. I support the only team with an unbeaten home record in the uefa cup (and I am not talking about any of those 1 / 2 season clubs like Millwall who only played in Europe a couple of times) who have won the UEFA cup since your lot last did :sad:

And for good measure have another one of these

woooooooosh

We've never one the UEFA cup :biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Greedo;1172048][QUOTE=4F said:
We've never one the UEFA cup :biggrin:

ok I will give you that one. It was so long ago that I forgot it used to be called the European cup seeing as I was less than 2 at the time

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'm not very knowledgeable on football and I'd hate to come down on the side of Greedo (mate :biggrin:) but when Celtic* won the European cup didn't they do it with an entirely Scottish team whereas Arsenal* could, in theory, win it with an entirely non-English team.

*other teams are available

<runs to bunker and hides>

Greedo

threebikesmcginty said:
I'm not very knowledgeable on football and I'd hate to come down on the side of Greedo (mate xx() but when Celtic* won the European cup didn't they do it with an entirely Scottish team whereas Arsenal* could, in theory, win it with an entirely non-English team.

*other teams are available

<runs to bunker and hides>

Correct my man. All born within a 25 mile radius of Celtic park.

longers

Legendary Member
The draw was on in the butchers barbers and they went through the rigmarole of drawing the piece of paper for the second team into the final.

Surely if the winners of one semi final are drawn out first then they can only play the winners of the other semi? Or am I missing something?

I'm not even sure why they drew the winners of the semi's for the final as it's at a neutral ground innit? xx(

mangaman

ianrauk said:
Whatever the outcome.. be nice to see 2 British teams contest the final again if only to see the wholly corrupt Eufa go into a tizzy.

I don't believe this is possible Ian.

Eufa, as you say, will do everything in their power to get Barcelona to win. (Witness the debacle of last year's semi final). Especially as Real Madrid are out.

Even if Arsenal are cruising it, a mysterious Eufa official on a grassy knoll by the side of the Nou Camp will assassinate Fabrigas at a critical moment I predict. (I may be going slightly overboard there I don't know - we'll see)

mangaman

dan_bo said:
Apparently seven of the team that played against Stuttgart came through the youth squad, which is uncommon these days for teams at that level, to say the least.

I read that. That's a great achievement

Still never going to come close to Celtic's Lisbon Lions, but in this day and age - fantastic

bad boy

Über Member
If there is one team better equipped to contest Barca its the Arse I have to say !.

Barca will win im sure but its a hard draw for Barca.

I was in Paris for their final a few years ago supporting Barca of course and the french treated the english absolutely disgracefully out there I hope we dont see a filthy French team in the final.

Top Bottom