Arsenal v Barcelona

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
awesome football being played though.... Adrian Chiles should stick to ruining the morning and making people leave the house, he is a tool!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Hats off to the Arse.

I'm not always a fan of this pass pass pass pass stuff, it can get a bit tedious with the ball going from one side of the park to the other and back again, but that was gripping stuff. Arsenal looked like they might get stuffed when Barcelona scored, but what a fightback.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Barcelona were a bit tippy-tappy and Messi was sloppy. If they play like that at Camp Nou, Arsenal could nick it.
Trouble is, after Zapatero's intervention who knows about Spanish sport?

Adasta

I'm not an Arsenal fan, but a lot of my friends are and I found myself getting swept up with it all in the pub last night. I don't think there was much between either side and Villa's goal proved how tight the game had been. Arsenal then fell prey to Barcelona's "death by 1000 passes" manoeuvre but managed to keep their composure on the break which resulted in their goals.

It must be said thought that they were lucky that Song wasn't sent off. The referee was far too whistle-happy but, even accounting for that, I'm pretty sure Song made at least two tackles that warranted a yellow.

Also, I have to say that the commentators failed to give any credit to Arsenal's goalie who did in fact prevent Messi from scoring when one-on-one. They all said that it was Messi's fault for missing but, if you look, the goalie had covered all the "goal-scoring" angles, forcing Messi to chance it on the far post.

Top Bottom