AS Product Design Questionnaire (Pedal Display)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ArchieLowther

Archie Lowther AS Product Design Questionnaire
For my AS level product design course I am designing a display for bicycle pedals. To help me with the designing, I am trying to find out what the users of the product would like to see in the pedal display. To do this I have created this questionnaire to find out what I will need to include in my design. I would greatly appreciate if you could complete it for me. Thank you.

1. How many pedals would you like to see on a display?
1 2 3 4 5 5+

2. Rank the functions you would most prefer on a pedal display from 1 being most important to 4 being least important
A)Ability to spin the pedal 360 degrees on their axel
B)To have a full 360 view of the pedal
C)For the display to be branded with a company logo
D)The Display to be eye catching and aesthetically pleasing

3. Would you prefer a display to be made for and include one make or style of pedal (BMX, Road etc.) compared to being an open design which holds various styles of pedals?
YES/NO

4. Rank the following existing bike pedal displays, 1 being favourite and 4 being least favourite
A)
upload_2014-11-15_23-8-23.png

B)
upload_2014-11-15_23-8-46.png

C)
upload_2014-11-15_23-9-2.png

D)
upload_2014-11-15_23-10-47.png

5. Have you ever attributed your interest in a cycling product to the initial first look at the display
YES/NO

6. Would you prefer a cycling product display to include branding? A brand logo, name etc.
YES/NO

7. Would you prefer a pedal display design to focus on the functionality of displaying the pedals or the aesthetics of the display?
Functionality / Aesthetics

8. Would you like to be able to easily detach the pedal from the display to be able hold and feel the pedal? YES/NO

9. Would you like to see the specs of the pedals (weight, measurements etc.) on the pedal display?
YES/NO

10. If yes, how important is it to see the specs of the pedals on the display, 1 being very important and 5 being not very important?
1 2 3 4 5

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Oh go on then...

1. 5+. I like to compare.

2. A 2.
B 1.
C 3
D 4.

3. Yes. I would generally buy one style at a time.

4. A 4.
B 3.
C 2.
D 1.

5. No.

6. Yes.

7. Functionality.

8. Yes.

9. Yes.

10. 2 or 3, depending on which bike I'm shopping for.

D

Deleted member 23692

1. 5+

2. B A C D

3 Yes

4 D B C A

5 No

6 Yes

7 Functionality

8 Yes... on a security wire if needs be

9 Yes

10 3-4

winjim

Smash the cistern
By "user of the product" do you mean the person buying the pedals, or the person selling them? They may have different opinions.

Top Bottom