Asda mobile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone have any good or bad experiences of asda mobile? I'm looking at going to pay as you go when my contract runs out and their tariff looks like the best option for my usage requirements.

MickL

Über Member
My old man uses them, cheap and pretty good coverage as well.

Just been for a browse at their site - interesting. I'm going to send off for a sim and try it for a while. I've been with O2 for a long time. Don't really need a contract phone, and the prospect of cheaper texts (mostly what I use it for) looks attractive.

yenrod

Piggee back off the Vodafone network so your sorted there.

One of the cheapest aorund not sure if the fones are unlocked for any network.

Id have one if i didnt have the set-up i have on vodafone. - vodafone family & the freedom packs - pretty good deal for me now.

OK, got my sim last night from the local Asda, unlocked my old Nokia (using instructions via moneysavingexpert.com article) after tea, registered my top-up card (they gave me 25p on it so I could make a call, which you have to do before you can receive calls apparently) and am up and running as an Asda payg customer. Can still pop my O2 sim back in if I change my mind of course.

Best signal strength I've ever had at home, so am happy with the experiment at this point. Looking forward to 8p/min calls and 4p texts - had to phone the plumber on my old sim today and the credit dropped like a stone.

OP
OP
G

Ghost Donkey

beanzontoast said:
OK, got my sim last night from the local Asda, unlocked my old Nokia (using instructions via moneysavingexpert.com article) after tea, registered my top-up card (they gave me 25p on it so I could make a call, which you have to do before you can receive calls apparently) and am up and running as an Asda payg customer. Can still pop my O2 sim back in if I change my mind of course.

Best signal strength I've ever had at home, so am happy with the experiment at this point. Looking forward to 8p/min calls and 4p texts - had to phone the plumber on my old sim today and the credit dropped like a stone.

Excellent, keep us posted if you don't mind :sad:. I don't think an asda sim would work in my 3 mobile 3G nokia but when my contract is up in around six weeks I'll just buy a cheap phone and try and sell my N65 with it's original box, cables, instructions etc.

Update. Mrs B is now also an Asda payg customer. We've both kept our O2 sims at the moment as we have money left on them, but once it's gone, will be transferring our existing numbers over to the Asda sims. Will post about it when we've been using them for a week or two.

Top Bottom