Asda Opticians

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Anyone here used them?

I've booked an eye test for next Sunday andI'm going to get 2 pairs for £99, (+£15 eye test).

Asda came out on top of a test I read a couple of weeks ago, granted it was from the Daily Fail and was also from 2012, but it's HERE anyway for anyone interested. That test pitted Asda, Tesco, Boots, Specsavers and Vision Express against one another, but just wondered if anyone had any direct experiences to share.

Considering what I paid for my current specs from Vision Express, (granted they are Oakley), the Asda deal does seems very good VFM, especially as it includes anti-scratch and anti-reflective coatings and the option of tints at no extra cost as well. All this seems to be extra at most other places and can really bump the cost up IME.
Thats where no amount of price cutting will help you...you presumably brought the Oakleys because they looked best...i certainly did. I didnt go looking to spend what i did..but the cheaper ones just didnt do it for me. Being a tightwad, I thought I was going to get cheap glasses..till I tried them on.

Dark46

Veteran
Hmmm, mine will just be standard vision lenses so I'll have to check them carefully I guess. I'm just not prepared to pay the sort of money I paid for my current ones, which IIRC was about £300! Both pairs of new ones will be primarily for work use as my Oakley's are going to get ruined with the job I do now :sad:

Hope your specs aren't for keyboard use ^_^

Thanks for the replies guys :thumbsup:
No! I'm dyslexic if the spelling on the phone doesn't spell it right I have no idea! It really frustrates me big time!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ive used my local optician then had my Oakley (normal glassed) reglaized by Glasses Direct. Worked out much cheaper so ordered two pairs of Jeff Banks ones for £ 100.

Sounds a good deal.

Top Bottom