Ashamed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Muddyfox

Muddyfox

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
Yes, I know that feeling ... I don't officially do nights away any more, but living in Monmouth and working in the West Midlands means that I spend three nights a week sleeping in the truck in our yard. Both me and Ms RT are getting a bit fed up with it!
Nice to have another pro driver on our side.

R T .. I used to pick my truck up on a monday morning and i would'nt get home until friday night or sometimes saturday morning and to be honest i used to enjoy it although im not sure i'd feel the same if i was in the yard every night ? (probably not) when i gave up truck driving i found it very hard to adjust to being at home every night and even now i dont sleep as well in my own bed as i did in the truck

Domtyler ... My daughter is only 17 :ohmy:

Simon

Abitrary

Terminator said:
That's called bullying.Shame he didn't try it on my mate dave at work.

Dave had an altercation with a van driver while out on his bike.The bloke got out of his van to have a "few" words with Dave.He got off his bike and went up to the guy and said "lets play".The van driver promptly got into his van and buggered off.

hehehe, please tell me that Dave is an 8 eight stone weakling, and was cracking his knuckles, and that the driver was a brick shithouse, just to concretise the image?

Arch

Married to Night Train
As a modern emancipated woman, I'm sure I ought to be making a stand about being considered in some way a weaker sex and worthy of respect merely for that reason, but really, to take umbrage at a middle aged person on a shopping type bike (of either sex) trying to get past, that's just so stupid. Good on you Jakes Dad, for doing what you did.

I fear if I had been the lady in question, I would have been temepted to make a remark about the manhood of the gentleman in question - especially if I knew I could get away and he couldn't follow. It would have to be done in polite cut glass tones of course....

Cab

Jakes Dad said:
Maybe it's a jealousy thing ? that someone can go faster across the city on a £200 bike than they can in their £££'s cars ?

A lot of people get very emotional while driving. Largely I think it's because they're sitting there, going nowhere, achieving nothing, late for wherever they're going, in a vehicle that even when stopped still requires some attention; theres all this adrenaline sitting around in their system going slowly off. So they're tense, they're frustrated. But they do, to a great extent, take some solace from the fact that they're all in the same boat; the guy in front is inching along slowly, the guy behind, the guy in the other lane...

Now, a cyclist comes along, and legally (and reasonably) makes progress. The cyclist is seen as a non-contributor, and once the bike is ahead it'll be in a position to make things even worse for the motorist (who wrongly believes that he'll end up held up even more, if such is even possible). As such the cyclist is almost seen as fair game, they're a different species, a different category, and to the befuddled brain of the adrenaline addled, over stressed motorist this kind of behaviour seems entirely fair enough.

So its a sad mix of stress, stereotyping, and just plain bad logic that leads a small minority of motorists to act in such a way. They're not representative of motoring as a whole, but its sad that many motorists would let this kind of behaviour pass. Its great to hear of someone not letting this kind of thing lie, and standing up to do the right thing.

Abitrary said:
hehehe, please tell me that Dave is an 8 eight stone weakling, and was cracking his knuckles, and that the driver was a brick shithouse, just to concretise the image?

Dave looks like a nightclub bouncer (6ft 2in).Lovely bloke really and nice to talk to...A real diamond.Ex Cab Driver ironically.(Now a part time cyclist);)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I might have been tempted to slam the door shut...on his head....

Well done, it's not often idiots are told that they are idiots in a polite fashion !

Top Bottom