England : Kent Ashford to Eastbourne Saturday 27th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I'm miles away but I've used exactly the phrase
[QUOTE 4812962, member: 21629"]...it would be a sin to stay at home.[/QUOTE]
which made me smile. Enjoy the ride. And the weather. And the hills. ;)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
[QUOTE 4812962, member: 21629"]Forecasts saying it will be +24'C in Ashford and +22'C in Eastbourne means it would be a sin to stay at home. Due to sunny day and light breeze I decided to go a bit further than usual.

Ashford to Eastbourne. 70 miles or so. Start at Ashford International train station on Eurostar side. 10 am.

Would like to pay a quick visit to Bodiam Castle, Battle Abbey and Herstmonceux Castle to take couple of photos.

Route will include some hills (I've done it on 02/02/2014 at +3'C only).

For those who will decide to join me:

It's not a race, pace will be quite slow and I will proudly push my bike to any hill I will find too steep to cycle.
Trains from Eastbourne to Ashford runs every hour.
There are train stations along the route for those who will decide that it's enough.
Half-way stop could be in Bodiam, Google says there's one of Shepherd's Neame inns - Castle Inn.

I can do this on Sunday instead of Saturday if somebody will think it's better time.

If anybody would like to join me - please let me know via PM.[/QUOTE]

That's actually about 48 miles (including Bodiam, Battle & Herstmonceux). Unless you have some mega detours planned?

StuAff

I got the tickets today. I'll have some extra miles to do as all the Portsmouth lines are shut this weekend- so just under six miles to Havant. Planning to get the 5.08 Victoria train (changing Hove and Brighton) and ride up from Rye. Should I miss that one, there's the 5.50..I'm not going to keep anyone waiting at Ashford!

@salty sea dog Cake? Good man!!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I got the tickets today. I'll have some extra miles to do as all the Portsmouth lines are shut this weekend- so just under six miles to Havant. Planning to get the 5.08 Victoria train (changing Hove and Brighton) and ride up from Rye. Should I miss that one, there's the 5.50..I'm not going to keep anyone waiting at Ashford!

@salty sea dog Cake? Good man!!

Nice one Stu, see you there.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
[QUOTE 4816501, member: 21629"]Additional option: swimming in the waters of English Channel somewhere near Eastbourne (don't know the place yet). Take your swimming kit if you want to do this. I want.[/QUOTE]

That'll corrode the bike....:rolleyes:

StuAff

On my way. Somewhat moist after six miles in a thunderstorm, thanks for that Network Rail. Train is running late but not a problem, have half an hour to make the connection....

StuAff

...and made the train from Brighton with no bother. Will ride in from Rye, the Military Road is lovely.

Top Bottom