Aspartame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Yep, Pepsi max for me too.

I think full sugar coke is simply disgusting!

I've cut ALL sugars from the diet at the moment, but have a jar of aspartame sweetener powder (Splenda) which I use in foods which need a bit of sweetening like sweet and sour and tikka massala dishes.

davehann

if you are going to be cycling take the sugar to make it sweet.

i dont see any piont whatsoever of having sweetness without calories.

more sugar = pedal harder and faster!

queen110

Aspartame is a substance that I think it sweeter than sugar.
I am sure it would not be as good as if drinking a lot.
Water would be good for us to exercise!

Speedywheelsjeans

Hi I'll have a large big mac meal and a diet coke, Im on a diet ... that one always gets me :hungry:
Ive heard aspartame horror stories some far fetched, might aswell use the real sugar in coca cola for cycling energy. Otherwise aspartame in small quantities cant be that bad for you?

iendicott

I have been led to believe it can cause Mental Health problems in young children. Needless to say I don't let me daught drink diet drinks, it's full fat is she does.

Midnight

It seems more like the shear sheer quantity of food that is doing the best job, what with all this obesity and all; heart disease is currently top of the charts isn't it?

:whistle:

I found SIS Rego worked well for me, but I didn't realise it contained aspartame until I read on here a while ago. It is printed on the label, but in such small print it's almost unreadable. I've read numerous online articles about aspartame, but as usual there's a lot of conflicting information and I lack the appropriate knowledge to make a proper informed choice, so I err on the side of caution and avoid it.

opticcircus

I use a sugar replacement like splenda to kick my sugar habit in tea and coffee and it's helping me I love a drop of coke now and again so I moved over to pepsi max and coke zero it's helped me cut down the amount of calories quite substantially

:whistle:

I found SIS Rego worked well for me, but I didn't realise it contained aspartame until I read on here a while ago. It is printed on the label, but in such small print it's almost unreadable. I've read numerous online articles about aspartame, but as usual there's a lot of conflicting information and I lack the appropriate knowledge to make a proper informed choice, so I err on the side of caution and avoid it.

..neither did I till I read this thread! I drink Rego after every morning commute!
Must be that plus the diet Pepsi that is keeping me dumb & compliant...
wink.gif

I guess the reason for it's widespread use could be down to it being a cheaper sweetening agent than sugars; but I am not convinced it is a 'healthy' substance!

Will probably be switching back to skimmed milk and a flap jack!

Davidc

Guru
Refined sugar's also bad for you.

If you're concerned then eat and drink only things which have no added sugar and no artificial sweetners.

I'll just go on drinking the Cola with aspartame cos I like it - I do much riskier things. (And I ride a bike :biggrin:).

Top Bottom