Assault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
My youngest son was waiting for a train with his girlfriend last Saturday when he was attacked by a couple of lads after failing to respond to their shouts of abuse etc and just tried to walk away. While he was being given a kicking his girlfriend ran to the ticket office and asked them to ring the police. They said sorry but there was nothing they could do.......... Am I the only one who is a "little surprised" at that reaction?
He was also hit around the head with a metal crutch, borrowed from the mother of the two attackers while she an her two daughters stood and watched. After the incident the family continued to stand and wait for the train ...

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
So much for stations being manned helping passenger safety and security ! Is he OK ?
Did he know the lads ? How old is he ? Did the police come in the end ?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
If the Police have not been informed already then inform them now! I would also tell them that the ticket guy refused to call the Police, whilst itself probably not illegal it certainly contributed. There will most probably be some form of (probably s*** quality) CCTV they can obtain

Then after the Police have been involved he needs to write a serious complaint to the rail people. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
I didn't finish the epistle cos I had to go out.
As is usual the CCTC cameras were facing the wrong way. One would have thought that aiming them at the platform would have been logical. However the police finally arrived and the family were still waiting for the delayed train totallly unconcerned! The main attacker admitted it and in the words of the wpc, "its not often we catch 'em. He had form and the whole family were known to them. They offered us the option of a £50 fixed penalty or prosecution. My son chose the latter, much to the delight of the police who said that it was rare that anybody wanted to "get involved", especially with that "gobby" woman and her offspring The first punch pushed the lense of my sons glasses into his eye and gashed his eyelid but apart from needing some new glasses he seems ok. Could have been a lot worse though because his sight in the other eye is very limited. I mentioned the reaction of the station staff to the police who said it was quite usual!! The other dozen people on the station just looked away.

ChrisKH

Guru
I thought it was illegal not to offer reasonable assistance where a criminal act is taking place. Not physically getting involved, but as witness or ringing the police. Clearly the station staff not ringing the police means they are effectively aiding and abetting the assault, especially as it was taking place on rail property?

PaulB

Legendary Member
bobg said:
While he was being given a kicking his girlfriend ran to the ticket office and asked them to ring the police. They said sorry but there was nothing they could do

Stunningly bad gobshitery from the office div there. I would want to know who it was who refused to help and I'd certainly go and see him/her to demand their reason. This needs publicising so anyone in a similar situation becomes aware that people will not accept this. I hope your son makes a full recovery.

Stephenite

Membå
You and your son are doing us all a favour by prosecuting. Thanks. :smile:

Jezston

Über Member
Agreed with all of above.

Refusing to call the police? That member of staff needs to be hung out to dry. I'm sure some newspapers would be interested in hearing this story.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Jezston said:

Refusing to call the police? That member of staff needs to be hung out to dry. I'm sure some newspapers would be interested in hearing this story.

I did consider that then was worried that my name and address might get out. If the family are as bad as they seem to be then knowing where we live is not a happy prospect. Wonder if it comes out in court??

Life seemed so much simpler when I was growing up.......

Jezston said:

Good idea! Expose the slobbery of this person - and the 'operational code' that underlies what was said.
I hope your son and girlfriend are ok bob.

This is a typical example of behaviour that the voting public want eliminated from their daily lives. It's not 'the environment, the 'market forces', 'the wars' - it is about 'us' - leading everyday lives in a straightforward fashion. Why can't people with responsibility (In this case it will be train Co staff, police, magistrate - subsequent sentence etc...) 'get this'?
Desperate.:smile:

bobg said:
I did consider that then was worried that my name and address might get out. If the family are as bad as they seem to be then knowing where we live is not a happy prospect. Wonder if it comes out in court??
Life seemed so much simpler when I was growing up.......

It doesn't - the statements are prepared so that defendants don't see the addresses of witnesses.

Top Bottom