Assault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bauldbairn

bobg said:
I mentioned the reaction of the station staff to the police who said it was quite usual!! The other dozen people on the station just looked away.

I hope your son is okay, bobg.

This is appalling behaviour by the rail staff and the other people at the station. I honestly think other people are too scared to get involved because they could possibly end up being charged themselves.

Mark_Robson said:
Scum like that should be horse whipped and paraded through the streets. They think that they are above the law and should to realise in worst way that they are not.

+1, It's the only punishment that would get through to them - shockingly!

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Complete @rseholes. Cowards too. OP - What if your son was a mature, well-muscled man? Would he have been taunted and attacked then? I think not ... just because he's young, they go for him.

Typical bullies. I hope the courts throw the book at them.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Jezston said:
Agreed with all of above.

Refusing to call the police? That member of staff needs to be hung out to dry. I'm sure some newspapers would be interested in hearing this story.

Most definitely. Adverse publicity is guaranteed to get the rail company taking action.

e-rider

crappy member
I'm sure that the station worker could be in trouble for that one. Both from the network operator and the law. You need some legal advice. The attack could have been much worse and the action of the station guy could have cost someone their life. Shameful - I wouldn't let it pass if it was me.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
tundragumski said:
I'm sure that the station worker could be in trouble for that one. Both from the network operator and the law. You need some legal advice. The attack could have been much worse and the action of the station guy could have cost someone their life. Shameful - I wouldn't let it pass if it was me.
+1 to this - if your Son's GF had started shouting abuse at the staff and threatening them you can be damned sure they'd be straight on the phone to the Police, so why not for someone else when assistance is needed??? :angry::angry:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
bobg said:
I did consider that then was worried that my name and address might get out. If the family are as bad as they seem to be then knowing where we live is not a happy prospect. Wonder if it comes out in court??

Patrick Stevens said:
It doesn't - the statements are prepared so that defendants don't see the addresses of witnesses.

When my children were much younger I had to decide whether I wanted their names to be revealed in court, which would help the prosecution case apparently but I was advised by someone from the courts that I probably didn't want to. The police seemed happy with the outcome anyway even without using their names. (Speaking as someone not understanding the system, just been what I was advised about 6 years ago or so).

tundragumski said:

Agree with everyone posting so far. That is a shocker and as long as scum like this can act however they wish and get away with it they'll just keep doing it. I presume (and hope) it isn't policy for rail staff not to get involved to the extent of refusing to make a telephone call. No one was asking the person there to get involved in any way with what was happening on the platform. If it is official policy then this would benefit from some negative media attention as suggested previously.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Thanks for you comments and support everyone. I'll let you know what happens with both the case and BR. Its no wonder people are scared to venture out... he's 18 and not small but it seems that once these people lose control it doent matter what size you are. We were in Norwich last week and he said in passing that wasnt it nice to be able to walk into the city centre without making sure that you avoided aggro by
1. wearing the appropriate clothes to suit the district you were visiting and
2. Not making eye contact with anyone.

Push this!

The CCTV is not the final answer.... they will have bough tickets, walked the concourses, entered the Platforms. They will be on countless CCTV shots on the Station, you may even be able to get hold of a video of the staff refusing to call the Police!

Trek Trauma Chris

bobg said:
My youngest son was waiting for a train with his girlfriend last Saturday when he was attacked by a couple of lads after failing to respond to their shouts of abuse etc and just tried to walk away. While he was being given a kicking his girlfriend ran to the ticket office and asked them to ring the police. They said sorry but there was nothing they could do.......... Am I the only one who is a "little surprised" at that reaction?
He was also hit around the head with a metal crutch, borrowed from the mother of the two attackers while she an her two daughters stood and watched. After the incident the family continued to stand and wait for the train ...

Doesn'T come as a surprise these days I am sorry to say, hope your lads ok and gets over it.

Far too much 'I won't get involved' these days, but very surprised by the station officials.
Good luck to your son in providing evidence to get these people punished appropriately. Also glad he & she are ok, what a thing to go through.

Top Bottom