Assaulted on bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Sorry, probably wrong area to post this, but shook up and can't find advocacy!

I was just out on a regular ride, with my son, going up hill, eased off a bit to let a vehicle pass, but it drew alongside me, the passenger leaned out and whacked my back three times shouting 'go on son'.

I pulled over, after he overtook my son, and called the Police giving his registration. It was a works van, for a local guttering maintenance company, and was liveried.

The police are coming over in the morning to take a full report.

Any advice anybody? (mods, please move thread if necessary).

P.S. Back hurts where hit, and neck is sore.

stuee147

talk to the police and see what they can do and i would Wright a letter to the local papers see if you can get them to publish about the sort of people the company employs

beachy

a clear case of assault. it's not acceptable and could have caused a serious accident as well as causing you harm. prosecute and claim some victim compensation. the following publicity should make the idiot think about doing it again. it would be interesting to find out their reasoning for doing it.

midlife

Guru
If you are taking legal action for any injuries they need to be recorded, if it's not bad enough to go to a&e does a photo show anything?

Shaun

OP
OP
B

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
It's funny, I almost want to think that it was meant in some way that was harmless.

But imagine, walking up to some guy on the street, and shouting at him, out of the blue, something meant to be funny. On what planet would that be acceptable.

Not to mention the fact that in driving so close alongside me they risked my life, and possibly that of my son too.

Have no fear, I will certainly not shy away from making sure they pay the price. I posted on FB about it shortly after, and a mate said 'That's why I MTB, and hate every minute I have to spend on the roads'. Why should we be forced of the roads by these a***holes.

OP
OP
B

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
It's feeling worse than I would have thought. Not really sure why, I wouldn't expect a whack to the back to cause real damage, but thinking perhaps being on a bike, with the body already in a stressed position, an unexpected whack to the back has a different effect.

Anyway, my message to all. Don't let the buggers get you down. We must not be forced off the roads. Helmet cam now a vital purchase!

OP
OP
B

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Main thing that's annoying, since it was the passenger, it may be difficult to identify who the guilty party is, however the driver was clearly complicit, in driving alongside for long enough for the culprit to get three blows in. Good thing is this also gave me enough time to get all of their details. Wish I recalled more of the guys description.

OP
OP
B

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
I will do on Monday Alicat, but on the other hand, I don't see how they can 'do the right thing' in terms of mitigating or dealing with unprovoked assault, plus hit and run, and dangerous driving.

Just figured out, the van was probably within around half a meter of me, and deliberately driven to get so close, and slowed to drive alongside in order to get three blows in. What can they do that would constitute 'the right thing'?

TVC

Sorry to hear this. You are doing it right, let the Police sort it. Someone is going to have a very bad day on Monday.

Top Bottom