Assaulted !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MickL

Über Member
I was assaulted this morning by a sodding Canadian goose down the canal, it first flew at me into my legs made me wobbled a bit, so I peddled like the clappers to get away from the thing for me to turn my head to see it flying head height trying to peck me, it slammed into my helmet and hit the dirt made me wobble again.
I didn't stop to see if it was ok I just rode off like the wind. When it comes to a helmet debate, attacks by Canadian geese a helmet is must :wacko:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Glad it didn't make you wobble into the canal!

BSRU

A Human Being
Maybe the helmet incensed the goose so much it had to attack you:tongue: .
One of my sisters was attacked by a magpie whilst cycling in Australia, apparently Aussie magpies hate bicycle helmets.

BSRU

A Human Being
Ok Canada goose and Canada Geese ;)

It because they have chicks they get really aggressive, going to avoid the canal commute for a few weeks.
Is your helmet Canada goose egg coloured:tongue:

MarkF

Guru
Yuk, Canada geese are horrible things, they are bleedin ugly, crap everywhere, have weirdy long tongues and make a disgusting honk. I get sick of them on the canal, there are 82000 in the UK and 80000 are near Bingley (I am sure). Right now they are as mad as hell protecting their goslings. They are an urban pest and I should be able to shoot them. :smile:

AndyRM

XOXO
Don't F*ck With Geese: A Cautionary Tale.

When I was considerably younger and marginally stupider, I rode at a flock of large geese which were blocking the cycle path around Lake Michigan.

I assumed my rapidly increasing speed would encourage them to fly off.

The only person who did any flying was me, as they stood their ground. The force of the impact propelled me over my handlebars at an angle.

Fortunately, my flight was halted by a conveniently placed tree, which helpfully broke my collar-bone and a couple of fingers.

The geese looked over at me, honked and flew away.

The End.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Yuk, Canada geese are horrible things, they are bleedin ugly, crap everywhere, have weirdy long tongues and make a disgusting honk. I get sick of them on the canal, there are 82000 in the UK and 80000 are near Bingley (I am sure). Right now they are as mad as hell protecting their goslings. They are an urban pest and I should be able to shoot them. :smile:
You can. They are now included on the general licence conditions list of pest species.

Top Bottom