Assaulted !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Malkin

Veteran
Yuk, Canada geese are horrible things, they are bleedin ugly, crap everywhere, have weirdy long tongues and make a disgusting honk. I get sick of them on the canal, there are 82000 in the UK and 80000 are near Bingley (I am sure). Right now they are as mad as hell protecting their goslings. They are an urban pest and I should be able to shoot them. :smile:

Well I for one find them very handsome looking birds and always enjoy seeing them along the river banks and flying over in large noisy 'V' formations.
Live and let live, there's precious little wildlife to enjoy nowadays without wanting to shoot everything in sight!
CanadaGoose.jpg

MarkF

Guru
Live and let live, there's precious little wildlife to enjoy nowadays without wanting to shoot everything in sight!

I too like them in the sky, where I don't like them is on the towpath, in gangs, crapping everywhere and biting. I wouldn't really shoot them but don't mind kicking them as they approach. :smile:

OP
OP
MickL

MickL

Über Member
Just not my day. Went to dismount by a dropped curb so I could cross busy road only to have gust of wind hit me causing my bike to clip the little bit of the curb and send me rolling on to the pavment.
Only few hundred mtrs into my 10 mile ride home :sad:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369252408413.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369252408413.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 33

green1

Über Member
Maybe the helmet incensed the goose so much it had to attack you:tongue: .
One of my sisters was attacked by a magpie whilst cycling in Australia, apparently Aussie magpies hate bicycle helmets.
I quite like Aussie Magpies then. I wish they'd teach ours the same trick.

Top Bottom