'Assaulting' other vehicles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lit

well if you are too scared to do it that's your problem, they always get the message when I do it.

lit said:
well if you are too scared to do it that's your problem, they always get the message when I do it.

If you think so you are entitled to think what you want.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
hackbike 666 said:
Yes I could have gone into primary tonight at St Pauls but I thought F-that I don't really want to be in hurry going up to St Pauls with a big bus up my rear end.Oh and I still caught him at the bus stop anyway.:ohmy:

Sometimes that's the better decision. I only dislike it when I'm right in the grey area between deciding to hold back and allowing the bus through, and taking primary. I tend to make the error of leaving it slightly too late sometimes, and have to watch myself with this.

p.s. my post was aimed at Woz. ;)

Bloody pinch points they seem to love making them....Also find those speed bumps a bit of a pain.

Now I have to use Chobham Road Stratford with it's speed bumps due to that 2012 crap.

OP
OP
B

Bristol Dave

I don't think my positioning could have been better tbh. I had lights on, hi-vis, was in primary to allow me to see around the corner better and indicating my intention to turn. This was why I was angry and lashed out - I couldn't understand what more I could do to inform my fellow road users!

BD

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Bristol Dave said:
You may know the junction - I cross Bristol Bridge heading for Temple Meads and turn left towards the fire station. I tend not to indicate my intention to turn left as this almost always encourages a parallel turn. I forgot this on Thursday evening and indicated, which led to the altercation.

BD

I know where it is though its not somewhere I travel along myself normally, though its an area that I keep meaning to suss out better as when I am there I often end up hitting Temple Way and wanting to cross it - but joining at the wrong place.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I never whack cars...... the only time I did it was last December....lying on my back (rucksack) after a driver rammed into me..... smacked the front right wing (whilst on floor, bike on top of me) out of bloody anger...... and pain........ think she then realised she hadn't killed me.......

Grendel

Veteran
I had an encounter with quite a nasty, and apparently one-eyed bus driver the other day. Apparently he thinks three or four inches is plenty of room to leave between him and a bike.
I thought otherwise and let him know, and he responded by questioning my parentage.

He then pulled tight in to the kerb to block me at the next set of lights, and while there I noticed that the hatch which houses the engine is at the rear.

Apparently when you open this it exposes the engine and a flashing light goes off on the drivers dash, and he has to get out and close it. You learn something new every day.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Apparently, the engine kill switch is in there too. Not that I've ever touched one.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
rapping on a car with my knuckles when I'm getting squeezed is just a functional thing - it stops them getting closer. I'd recommend it.

Bashing a car when you have time and space by way of retribution is a bit more problematic - that's a tonne of metal you're picking a fight with. I've done it, and I'll do it again, combining it with a bit of a ticking off, but you have to choose your moment.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Bashing a car when you have time and space by way of retribution.

feels righteous, f*** em. if they try to squish you, then they deserve a car bashing. i'm not even sorry for this statement, mistakes can be forgiven, squishing you on purpose cannot!!!

Dan B

Disengaged member
Is it still criminal damage if no damage resulted? Bodywork often pops straight back out again

thomas

the tank engine
Okay. So this evening I bashed a car. Actually quite hard, on the window with my palm (not enough to do damage).

I've got a video which I'll upload to 'tube at UNI tomorrow.

Anyway. I don't have my airzound on my bike anymore and though I tried yelling, I've lost of my voice so barely anything came out. I didn't have any idea what the driver was doing. I was keeping up with traffic, had a sensible gap infront, which the guy behind tries to get into, but then stops along side me.

This kind of freaked me out - who knows what he'd do. I cycled to get in the front, hand gestures...blah blah...he does it again. Slap. I then just slow down and let him past as it isn't worth it to me. The horror stories of angry drivers killing cyclists went through my head.

I was livid though. The red mist had decended. I decided to ask what the .... he was trying to do in my really weak voice.

He didn't seem particullaly bothered by what had happened. He said how I shouldn't have overtaken cars on the right and that he wasn't overtaking me, but pulling along side me. Didn't even mention that I thumped his car - which was very weird.

Top Bottom