Assistance on purchasing a bicycle!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That may take some time to pump up though. I'd prefer the car alarm I mentioned haha.
Had one , its a few seconds to pump and verrrry loud , dont set it off accidentally in an enclosed space........

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Lights. You are more likely to get affordable ones that are motion &/or low light sensitive. Switch them on and leave them to it, when you move & it is dark enough they'll come on. Cateye and Smart are 2 of the big names in the bike light market and do affordable decent units. Otherwise a dynamo system might be an idea, same theory, you leave the lights turned on, when the wheel turns, the dynamo powers up and the lights work.

What is your current spend on local transportation?
Multiply x5 and that is how much you can spend on a bike for no extra spend.
5 years is just an accounting standard.
After 5years, your local transportation is free.

Don't get hung up on complex gadgets or trends. A midrange bike of simple design will do most things. If you are medium sized, the used market is a good place to find out what you like to ride.

OP
OP
Jarwolf

Jarwolf

I'll post a better one shortly If you guys and girls like haha.

Attachments

• IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 46

cyberknight

Erm, have you bought that?
As its in a car boot im guessing he has , yes i pasted the piccie into a image viewer and rotated it to work it out ;)
I hope it serves him well , as long as @Jarwolf is happy with it and it does what he wants then go for it i say although its not my cup of tea but i dont think what i ride would be much use off road .

gavintc

Guru
mmm - hope you did not spend much, looks like a 2nd hand supermarket special.

OP
OP
Jarwolf

Jarwolf

Walmart and this bike is FREAKING kick ###!

What happened to getting a fat bike?
I could not find one near by so I went ahead and checked the bike shops; nothing seemed interesting; so I went to Walmart and I chose this one at first sight LOL; asked an employee to scan it for me and it was only $100.00 so I went for it!

cyberknight

It does look like that as it is a supermarket special , we may knock it but at least @Jarwolf has a bike and hopefully will enjoy riding it, maybe its all his budget will allow so as long as he enjoys it then it serves its purpose .
We cant possibly judge the bike from the photo but as long as hes aware that the components are liable to be made cheaply and will not stand up to day in day out abuse/use but are liable (assuming its set up right ) to be ok for the odd pootle and as and when he wants a newer bike then he should be looking at a higher budget of erm ( tries to work out on fingers and thumbs exchange rate etc etc ) $500 .
Start saving that unused petrol money now !

Top Bottom