Astana - the Festina of 2007?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
wonder if Kash and Vino swapped blood bags?

L

chris42

I don't know if I'm angry or just sad!
Anyway maybe this will drive down the price of new bikes ntil nesxt year????????

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Don't despair, they're catching them. Cyclists got away with doping for decades because the sophisticated techniques they were using were ahead of what the testers were using to uncover them. The more that are exposed, the more the rest of the peleton will realise that the risk is not worth taking.

Tetedelacourse

Yeah they must have known. It's surely only a matter of time before Klodi either gets nabbed or cleans up his act and starts slipping down the field. Must be sooooooo disheartening for the younger riders (assuming they're riding clean of course).

fuzzy29

I feel even more sorry for Wiggins now. In the Tours first time trial he was 5th, then 4th, now 3rd. He knew what was going on that day and I think most people also had a good idea. I just glad that these cheats won't be around to spoil next years races.

chris42

fuzzy29 said:
I just glad that these cheats won't be around to spoil next years races.

Really are you that confident?

I once say a comment in a magazine which gave a multi choice answer:

a) I'm clean
;) My Dr is so good you will not find it with the tests.
c) The stuff I'm on is so advanced it will take the testers years to find out how to spot it......

fuzzy29

I meant the cheats that have been caught and will be banned for the next couple of years. I am not so naive to think that after these recent scandals the rest of the peleton is clean. 'Tip of the iceberg' is a phrase that springs to mind.

chris42

fuzzy29 said:
I meant the cheats that have been caught and will be banned for the next couple of years. I am not so naive to think that after these recent scandals the rest of the peleton is clean. 'Tip of the iceberg' is a phrase that springs to mind.

Sorry.
I never thought everyone was on somthing but now....

Don't really care as long as the playing field is level.

Makes me feel a bit better if they are juiced as I did stage 1 of this years TDF route in 6:38 (riding time) just 1 hr 51 slower than the peleton.

Top Bottom