Asterixing swearwords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
What's the point?

We're all adults, and it's obvious what people meant to write anyway. I really can't see how anyone who is going to get offended at the word **** is going to not get offended if it's f*ck.

Or am I missing something?

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Oh, I see.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I wonder which swearwords it recognises?

shoot
bollocks
arse
peanut
dickhead
felcher
belgium

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
benb said:
What's the point?

We're all adults, and it's obvious what people meant to write anyway. I really can't see how anyone who is going to get offended at the word **** is going to not get offended if it's f*ck.

It's not far removed from p*nct*re - a pointless (sic) exercise as well all know that the p*nct*re fairy doesn't exist - or does she?

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Some people only see 2 swear words.
When the late Dianna Dors went back to visit her old school in Swindon her old headmaste was told her real name was Dianna Mary Fluck.
As he introduced her his mind went a little blank and he remember her name was like a naughty word.
He started to speak. Many here will know this lady from when she lived around here as Dianna Clunt:blush:".

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There are plenty of non-adults on this site. Why do you feel the need to see/use swear words on this forum? There are plenty of other forums out there where you can swear to your hearts content. This is not one of them.

benb said:
What's the point?

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
ianrauk said:
There are plenty of non-adults on this site. Why do you feel the need to see/use swear words on this forum? There are plenty of other forums out there where you can swear to your hearts content. This is not one of them.

OK, in that case people shouldn't use asterixed out ones either.

And in fact, I don't swear very much on this forum (this thread notwithstanding), certainly less than some people.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
goo_mason said:
What has a cartoon Gaul got to do with swearing?

Do you mean asterisk?

*sigh*

I can't believe I did that! I'm one of the most pedantic people I know for spelling and grammar (e.g. it annoys me when a menu says paninis, as panini is already plural, it's like saying rollses; the singular is panino), so I'm very ashamed.

I will go and chastise myself immediately,

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
benb said:
I can't believe I did that! I'm one of the most pedantic people I know for spelling and grammar (e.g. it annoys me when a menu says paninis, as panini is already plural, it's like saying rollses; the singular is panino), so I'm very ashamed.

I will go and chastise myself immediately,
And so you should. Now **** off and do it. ;)

Top Bottom