Astro Photography

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Can't sleep so just remembered reading Jupiter is visible...got my birdwatching scope out and could not only see Jupiter but 4 of its moons as well.
Jupiter as a distinct circle but no colour of course through a smallish scope and the moons as mere but distinct dots.
Again, I'm 62 and never saw such things with my own eyes before, amazing.

icowden

Veteran
Jupiter is awesome when it's clear.

gbb

Legendary Member
Jupiter is awesome when it's clear.
Jupiter looks as bright as I've seen it yet. Low in the south I can see what i think will be Saturn just to the left. A bit obscured by trees where i am, I'm going to get my scope out soon and have a better look....if the cloud doesnt get in the way.
I feel like a 10 year old, all these years and i had no idea you could see them like this, it's amazing.

gbb

Legendary Member
Jupiter looks as bright as I've seen it yet. Low in the south I can see what i think will be Saturn just to the left. A bit obscured by trees where i am, I'm going to get my scope out soon and have a better look....if the cloud doesnt get in the way.
I feel like a 10 year old, all these years and i had no idea you could see them like this, it's amazing.
Again, tonight, I wished I had a reasonable telescope and tripod...Jupiter and her moons are very obvious in the SW through a good birding scope held by hand...plus , very poorly but slightly higher to the south I can see what I think are Saturns rings...i can pick out what seems to be a flattened out planet. I assume that's the rings giving it that appearance. This is very small of course.

Top Bottom