At last a challenge to Big Pat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buddfox

Veteran
Well it's on him now to deliver. He's been quite clear about what he intends to do on Day 1, and he recognises how important it is to the key stakeholders in cycling, the fans, the sponsors etc. But in this way I think he has the right characteristics to be successful, which is to find the right people to deliver it, give them the necessary authorisation to make it happen, and then we will see the results. With that underway, he can turn his attention to building up the profile of women's cycling and cycling in emerging markets, which represents a very exciting opportunity. I'm very excited to see what he can get done.

EDIT: Joe Friel tweeting 'Finally' in reaction - is there anyone involved in cycling day to day that isn't pleased?!

Last edited:

Noodley

This should be quite interesting: Fat Pat will not go quietly, and then there will be the "truth" about what happened under Hein Verdruggen and Fat Pat, and ass covering aplenty.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
This should be quite interesting: Fat Pat will not go quietly, and then there will be the "truth" about what happened under Hein Verdruggen and Fat Pat, and ass covering aplenty.

I'm half expecting some sort of legal challenge from Pat and his cronies (with Hein pulling the strings), basically anything they can do to stop the truth coming out about them.

1. Yippee!
2. Thanks for the blow by blow account. I was away from a computer but great to catch up with the 'as it happened' account.
3. If I was Cookson, my first act would have been to send independent security guards to UCI headquarters to impound all paperwork.
4. It was a bit disconcerting to read Sky's headline 'Lance Leads Cookson Cheers'
5. Does HV have any constituted authority, or can he just be thrown out on his bum?
6. Yippee! (again)

Chris Norton

Day 1
BC moves into office, picks up phone, rings Lance Armstrong. "so Lance, how, where and who" and we'll reduce the ban to something around the 4 year mark"

I'm afraid it's gotta be done and until it is, we'll always have the shadow of doping over the sport.

thom

____
Day 1
BC moves into office, picks up phone, rings Lance Armstrong. "so Lance, how, where and who" and we'll reduce the ban to something around the 4 year mark"

I'm afraid it's gotta be done and until it is, we'll always have the shadow of doping over the sport.
Except it isn't for the UCI to make that kind of call - the bans were imposed by USADA/WADA

OP
OP
B

BJH

Über Member
Well it's finally happened, great news but now the hardworking begins for him to deliver on his promises.

Favourite quote of the day in response to the news - Hallelujah tweeted by Lance Armstrong.

And to think I never knew he had a sense of humour and Texans didnt do irony !!!!!!!

OP
OP
B

BJH

Über Member
I'm half expecting some sort of legal challenge from Pat and his cronies (with Hein pulling the strings), basically anything they can do to stop the truth coming out about them.

He has said he wouldn't do that, but as I keep saying those with snouts in the trough tend not to want to stop. Hopefully he walks.

OP
OP
B

BJH

Über Member
Very true.

It was also fun to see that it was one of the cycling hotbed countries from the Caribean who's rep tried to come to his aid today.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Very true.

It was also fun to see that it was one of the cycling hotbed countries from the Caribean who's rep tried to come to his aid today.
I think St Lucia's delegate, Mangal, might find himself in another role pretty soon. Simply too McQuaidish to be credible. Mind, I don't know the ins and outs of the Greek rumble.

Top Bottom