At last a challenge to Big Pat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Well they already said that under Swiss law belonging to multiple federations is possible. It looks like Phat may get his foot in the door, which is not entirely unexpected, I just rather hoped he wouldn't.
The UCI appointed lawyer said that...
The swiss nomination, cancelled because it was invalid, may stand because they withdrew it too late...

Currently there are 9 federations getting up and saying stuff like
Uganda : we should just get on with it and have a vote
Algeria : I want to be watching the U23 road race, not sitting here doing this (at which point an Algerian rider crashes into a bollard or something)
Australia : if Pat is nominated by an asian & african federation but is european himself, how do you allocate seats on the UCI management committee ?

Who knows if procedure is being followed properly....!?
If the delegates vote 21 vs 21, then apparently there is no agreed mechanism for resolution. If it isn't sorted by the weekend, will the Honorary President have to present the medals for the road race ?

thom

____
@thom - I curse you for posting up that link! I'm not going to get anything done now.

And I'm now confused. What does this mean:
I think it means that the congress of over a hundred federations have been asked to debate and then vote on whether McQuaid has a valid nomination and that this vote was not originally on the agenda.
They're being asked to consider all manner of issues in one basket.

If they then admit his nomination, the 42 delegates will vote as to who becomes president.
If McQuaid wins, then there seem to be all manner of legal issues that can be challenged, like whether a non-agenda vote is acceptable.

The UCI seems to be making the rules up as they go along. Again.

thom

____
Nail biting

Where are you getting this so fast?
twitter ;-)

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
UCI's own feed confirmed

Since it went to a head-to-head vote Phat will find it hard to mount a challenge.

Bet the shredders in UCI Towers overheating

Buddfox

Veteran
bye bye Phat... not nice knowing you

i really hope he doesn't mount a legal challenge, but i wouldn't put anything past the cheating git.

What is there to challenge? I suppose he could try and find something but all the debate was whether he would be allowed to stand. Since he lost anyway, seems to me that this should now be done and dusted. I saw nothing in Cookson's campaign which was illegal and Fat Pat campaigned as if he would be nominated.

Top Bottom