At last my new bike has arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedFeend

I just have to report in to tell you all that the Specialized bike I ordered on March 11th has finally arrived. I was beginning to think it would never come. Should have been delivered on March 21st, then May 4th and finally May 16th. Each time LBS phoned Specialized (I was there so know its true) they said delivery dates from US were only 'advisory'. I stuck with it cos I got the standard bike, stand, suspension seat post, combined flat/clipless pedals and delivery all for £1 less than the prices on the Web. The beautiful new bike is now stuck in the garage waiting for me to get on it and lose some of my middle age fat. It is everything I want but like a kid I don't want to get it filthy dirty. It has been raining here for two days as well as hail, thunder & lightening & more is forecast for today.

Better stop waffling on now. Have a lovely day and weekend everyone.

rb58

Enigma
Nice one. I hope you manage to get out on it this weekend.

OP
OP
RedFeend

RedFeend

Good stuff; which Spesh model is it perchance?
It is an Arial sport disc with step through frame. I broke my back 23 years ago and have at last been told I can try cycling again. Hence the frame type, flat handlebars and suspension. My old bike is what we used to call a racer and though it is still in perfect order I can't bend forward to use drop handlebars.

OP
OP
RedFeend

RedFeend

Don't forget the pics
Will do. As soon as it stops raining and the wind drops. When will that be I wonder?

OP
OP
RedFeend

RedFeend

Wishing you a pain free ride and many more to come RF
Thank you so very much. It will hurt. I hurt all the time, but what do I do? Try and make the best of a s**t hand or sit in a chair getting fatter, more depressed and waiting to die. I am hoping that I will get some of those 'feel good' endorphins in my blood to perk me up.

I did just write what I hope will happen to the two people responsible for the 'accident' that took away my life as I knew it at age 28, but thought better of it and deleted it.

Here's to happy cycling ahead.

Top Bottom