At last, someone faces the consequences !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
O yaar Chaudhry, insaan banno! Akal di kat nay hairga! Pairdla kyou maryasee? Fuddu!!
Translation:
Oi Chaudhry, don't be a mentalist! You haven't got an ounce of sense! Why attack the cyclist? You c*nt!!

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Bilko. Iska Pagel heh!!

domtyler

Über Member
"The van was ahead of him on Wester Hailes Road but did an emergency stop and reversed towards him. As the van picked up speed the cyclist decided to take evasive action and mounted a verge. He continued on his way and came back onto the road ahead of the van. But as he cycled on he could hear the van picking up speed. The court heard witnesses saw the van swerve deliberately towards the bike, clipping it and throwing the victim to the ground."

Does that sound like 'dangerous driving' to you?

domtyler

Über Member
"The van was ahead of him on Wester Hailes Road but did an emergency stop and reversed towards him. As the van picked up speed the cyclist decided to take evasive action and mounted a verge. He continued on his way and came back onto the road ahead of the van. But as he cycled on he could hear the van picking up speed. The court heard witnesses saw the van swerve deliberately towards the bike, clipping it and throwing the victim to the ground."

Does that sound like 'dangerous driving' to you?

I wonder what the sentence would have been had the attack been an assault with a baseball bat or similar weapon ?

Presumably the attempted murder was dropped-down to DD because of the difficulty involved in proving that his intention was to actually kill the courier, rather than just injure him or even just knock him off
- you'd probably have the same problem proving attempted murder if the assault was with the baseball bat, but all sorts of assault charges could apply

There probably needs to be a crime of 'assault using a vehicle with intention of causing bodily harm' ?
- max sentence and recommended tariff being similar to that for assualt with a weapon : how many years would that have been ?

And interestingly, why has no-one yet objected to
The High Court in Edinburgh heard yesterday that it was fortunate he was wearing a helmet when he was knocked to the ground.
? :blush:

I wonder what the sentence would have been had the attack been an assault with a baseball bat or similar weapon ?

Presumably the attempted murder was dropped-down to DD because of the difficulty involved in proving that his intention was to actually kill the courier, rather than just injure him or even just knock him off
- you'd probably have the same problem proving attempted murder if the assault was with the baseball bat, but all sorts of assault charges could apply

There probably needs to be a crime of 'assault using a vehicle with intention of causing bodily harm' ?
- max sentence and recommended tariff being similar to that for assualt with a weapon : how many years would that have been ?

And interestingly, why has no-one yet objected to
The High Court in Edinburgh heard yesterday that it was fortunate he was wearing a helmet when he was knocked to the ground.
? ;)

domtyler

Über Member
andy_wrx said:

I would have thought it would be more logical to consider that once in the grip of road rage, the defendant was in possession of a deadly weapon and thus charged.

domtyler

Über Member
andy_wrx said:

I would have thought it would be more logical to consider that once in the grip of road rage, the defendant was in possession of a deadly weapon and thus charged.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
HLaB said:
I hope the national media get hold of this

Will any of the cycling media think its newsworthy enough to give prominence to or will their sponsors and reviews take pride of place?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
HLaB said:
I hope the national media get hold of this

Will any of the cycling media think its newsworthy enough to give prominence to or will their sponsors and reviews take pride of place?

Top Bottom