At the age of 78 my Dad got himself his first ever NEW bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.

Dadused to ride fixies as a younger man, every weekend from london out to the coast and back. Up until now he only ever had second hand bikes or built his own from bit etc. He has 2 artificial hips and an artificial knee and he can ride about 20km on the flat which I am immensly impressed by given he can hardly walk.

This bike has had a suspension seat post added to help with his pain, and grippy pedals to help stop his feet sliding off the pedals. Also added a quick release seatpost clamp so he can lower it, get on then raise it, and scwalbe marathon plus tyres so hopefully he wont have to worry about punctures.

It's a pretty comfy ride.

Never surrender!:bravo::bravo:

London Female

Über Member

Dadused to ride fixies as a younger man, every weekend from london out to the coast and back. Up until now he only ever had second hand bikes or built his own from bit etc. He has 2 artificial hips and an artificial knee and he can ride about 20km on the flat which I am immensly impressed by given he can hardly walk.

This bike has had a suspension seat post added to help with his pain, and grippy pedals to help stop his feet sliding off the pedals. Also added a quick release seatpost clamp so he can lower it, get on then raise it, and scwalbe marathon plus tyres so hopefully he wont have to worry about punctures.

It's a pretty comfy ride.

Never surrender!:bravo::bravo:

He is doing better than I am at the moment, may he and I should go for a ride....

Plax

Guru
Nice one. End of this month I'm on a birthday ride with somebody that turns 80!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Fair play. At 70 my Dad cycles near enough everywhere, and for his 60th me and my 2 brothers 'bought' him a new bike (in principle, once he chose one), to this day we haven't actually bought him a new bike, 'cos apparently there's nothing wrong with his 1970's Peugeot, and 1980's Evans Despatcher

Fair play to your dad I hope I will still be riding a bike at his age.... When my mum (74) moans about traffic and parking (she still drives) I often suggests she gets a bike again... she used to ride a bike a lot before passing her driving test.... She laughs.... I will show her this thread next time, Who knows, she might have a go!

Top Bottom