Atala Albatross - help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drbizzle2011

Hi everyone - I have a small problem that I have turned to the wider digital cycling demographic to attempt to solve.
I work as a mechanic on the south coast and as part of my tinkering I build one off custom beasties.
I like to include as much info as possible about the history of the bikes before I cover them in paint and pretty things, but one of my recent projects was to rebuild and pimp an Atala Albatross - and all I can find out (even after repeated emails to Atala themselves) is that it is Italian, and was originally sold sometime in the early eighties (which may be wrong..)!
If anyone has any info about this bike, when it was first produced, how much was it, where could you buy it, who designed it - anything!, then I would much appreciate any feedback.

Here's a wee pic of the (almost) finished bike, and one of the other bikes I'm building (oh thank ye for the humble Shopper..!).
Hope you like the bikes, and thanks for any help!

specials.jpg

Goldie

Über Member
Can't help with info but can safely say - both of those look spectacular! I guess that's not the original rear triangle on the Atala...

Any chance you could stick up some more photos of them both?

OP
OP
D

drbizzle2011

Hi -Thanks, yeah there will be a set of professional pics available soon (just been browsing the first drafts - lookin' niiice) I'll put up a link when they are finalised. It is the original rear triangle, but I had to machine some of the pivots and bolts to get it working! Smooth as a baby's buns it is now though.
Can't help with info but can safely say - both of those look spectacular! I guess that's not the original rear triangle on the Atala...

Any chance you could stick up some more photos of them both?

Top Bottom