ATC2000 ordering woes!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domd1979

Veteran
So, last wednesday, thought I'd treat myself to an ATC2K. Plumped for purelygadgets.co.uk, as they seemed to do a good deal on camera plus 2GB card. 97 notes, not too bad I thought. Fast forward to today.... still no ATC2K and no sign of it being despatched. Emailed to ask where it was... reply was that they were out of stock and didn't know when they'd have more. What really irritates me is a) website claims "in stock" :biggrin: they didn't tell me it'd be delayed c) they've charged my Visa card!!! Have asked for a refund, and now thinking of getting camera from here instead:

http://www.outdoormania.co.uk/Product.aspx?Product=ATC_2000_Helmet_Cam&ProductID=578#accessories

and memory card from here:

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...rchstring=sandisk+2gb+sd+ultra&searchsource=0

Which adds up to 99 notes including all delivery.

Did contemplate the Shiny Shack bundle effort, but never heard of "ORA" memory cards, are they any good? Sandisk are fairly well known, which is why I'm erring in that direction.

Curiously play.com list ATC2Ks, but claim not released til Sept 07, so is that a new version?

TimO

Guru
The ATC2K's do seem to be a little fussy about the memory card. I tried a play.com branded (ie cheapo) card in mine, and it just wouldn't play, it would repeatedly stop recording after a random amount of time, maybe 2 minutes, maybe 10. I replaced it with the SanDisk card that you linked to, and it's worked fine ever since.

(If you got the camera from Wiggle, it would be about £4 more expensive than Outdoormania, since they've got their current 20% off if you spend more than £100).

my birthday present, ATC200 + scandiskthingy arrived on time! I now have to read the instructions. Or waylay the astoundingly local and no doubt extremely youthful TimO who will explain all.

TimO

Guru
simon l& and a half said:
my birthday present, ATC200 + scandiskthingy arrived on time! I now have to read the instructions. Or waylay the astoundingly local and no doubt extremely youthful TimO who will explain all.
LOL. Young! I wish. I only just got the date and time set on my camera, and I've had it for months. Anything on which you have to control so many functions with three buttons is a pain to set up, but this thing can make the controls of the average VCR look trivial! Before the invention of VCRs that set their own time from teletext, there used to be that joke, "How can you tell that there's a teenager living in the house? The clock's set on the VCR". :biggrin:

On the other hand, I do build spacecraft instrumentation for a living, so I ought not have too many problems. :biggrin:

OP
OP
domd1979

domd1979

Veteran
Still not in possession of my ATC2K!!!;)

After getting money back out of purelygadgets.co.uk I ordered from Outdoormania.co.uk who are also next to useless so beware of them... Placed an order last Weds, website alleged 12 in stock, next day dispatch. No sign of it being despatched so emailed them - no reply. Phoned yesterday - they don't answer the phone. Sent shirty email last night and got (automated) confirmation of cancellation this afternoon. So... have now ordered via Amazon Marketplace so fingers crossed this time..... Up til now I've never had any problems with on-line ordering then get two useless companies in a row!!

OP
OP
domd1979

domd1979

Veteran
Hooray!!!!! Its finally arrived!!!! Third time lucky!!!

:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hopefully should be able to get some footage posted next week some time...

Top Bottom