ATP curated by Shellac, anyone else going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
As there are so many music lovers 'ere on CycleChat I was wondering if anyone else is heading down to Camber Sands this weekend for the Shellac curated All Tomorrow's Parties festival?

The lineup is immense!

SHELLAC OF NORTH AMERICA
NEUROSIS
KIM DEAL (SOLO)
WIRE
MISSION OF BURMA
OXBOW
NINA NASTASIA
MELT BANANA
THE EX + BRASS UNBOUND
MONO
FUTURE OF THE LEFT
SHANNON WRIGHT
ZENI GEVA
ARCWELDER
SCRAWL
UZEDA
BOTTOMLESS PIT
PRINZHORN DANCE SCHOOL
THREE SECOND KISS
PINEBENDER
RED FANG
THE MEMBRANES
BUKE AND GASE
DEAD RIDER
HELEN MONEY
BEAR CLAW
ALIX
STNNNG!
RACHEL GRIMES
TURING MACHINE
GAY WITCH ABORTION
KASH
MYOWNFLAG
THE CRAVATS
LOVE IN ELEVATOR

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Makes me feel old :sad: . I gave a listen to Shellac, Bearclaw, Oxbow, Mission of Burma and Zeni Geva. Now I'm going to syringe my ears and see a priest for forgiveness. And I'm an atheist. Hope you enjoy it anyway. :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Saw Mono in a support slot a few years back (2004, Einstürzende Neubauten). Can't say soothing was the word that sprang to mind, but they were good. Some good stuff on that bill- didn't like Shellac when I heard them, but Neurosis, Wire, Mission of Burma.... Red Fang are excellent too.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Saw Mono in a support slot a few years back (2004, Einstürzende Neubauten). Can't say soothing was the word that sprang to mind, but they were good. Some good stuff on that bill- didn't like Shellac when I heard them, but Neurosis, Wire, Mission of Burma.... Red Fang are excellent too.

I intend not to be sober for Mono :smile:

Shellac meant nothing to me on record, and many friends told me they were one of those bands that I MUST like, and then when I saw them a couple of times at ATP a couple of years ago the penny dropped.

Neurosis made my tummy feel funny last time I saw them, I shall watch again.

I LOVE Pink Flag and Chairs Missing by Wire and hope they have retained their edgy energy over the years.

Mission to Burma interest me, mainly because they are a band that many bands quote as an influence.

Now as for Red Fang... this video is so great you don't even need the sound on, but if you do listen then oh what a great song!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQPfQvLIseA

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Yup, RF were openers for Mastodon's UK tour this year, made a lot of fans I think.

I really wanted to see Mastadon the last time I went to Reading Festival, but the 'seal' broke fifteen minutes before their set started so I heard them from the campsite while perching on a container of poo. There was no lock on the cubicle but by then I had been at Reading for long enough not to care.

By comparison ATP is like staying at the Ritz!

Maz

Guru
I went down that list hoping I'd heard of at least one of them. No such luck.
Maybe I'll ask my daughter...

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I thought I wasn't too far out of things but the most I could make out from the thread title at first glance was, "Eh? Adenosine triphosphate looked after by varnish? WTF?".

Top Bottom