Attaching Headcam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Helen recently bought a headcam, its not a mega expensive one and as such is not HD, but the quality is surprisingly good and it records onto SDHC cards.

The problem is getting it to attach correctly to her cycle helmet. It came with a rubber strap which ive removed in favor of double sided velcro straps that go through the mounting mechanism and the vent holes in the helmet. It is very secure but whatever I do I cant get the camera to point directly in the line of travel. Im happy to make up a bracket or modify the existing, but does anyone have any clever ideas?

[size=-2]p.s, no we dont use the lock which is on the floor in the second pic, its about as secure as a bag-tie :biggrin:[/size]

2cbl0y.jpg

331zlgx.jpg

plainlazy

Über Member
Some info on here but it is a long thread and i cant remember which pages it's on.
Seem to remember that someone had done a youtube video on how to attach a cam to helmet, so might be worth searching on there too.
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12666507

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
in my opinion you will have much better luck mounting it on top of your helmet rather than on the side. not only is it easier to get it spot on but also the weight is spread over the top of your head rather than pulling the helmet to one side.

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Thanks for the replies guys!

I agree about mounting it on the top... would make far more sense.

We have decided to send this camera back after noticing 2 dead pixels on the captured video and intend to go for the Muvi Atom with sports pack if we get a refund (which with it being faulty, we should).

Norm

AndyCarolan said:
... if we get a refund (which with it being faulty, we should).
Not sure when you bought it but check out the Distance Selling Regulations. If you have had it under 7 days, you don't need a reason to return stuff bought on line or over the phone. They should refund you in full, including postage and the costs of the return postage unless they made it clear in advance that they don't.

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Thanks Norm, it was from Amazon actually but as its faulty im guessing it should be refunded as per their policies. They also give free postage on returned items.

I will order the Muvi Atom from them once the refund has gone through,

Top Bottom