Auction: Vintage Reynolds 531 bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
1970 is one of these years you don't hear of much.

Yeah, in the U.S. Apollo 13 happened, Boeing '747 'Jumbo Jets' were introduced to airlines worldwide, Student protests continued with a few notorious examples and Vietnam raged on something awful.

The Beatles had their last performance, and a certain Jimmy Hendrix died, but what really, what happened to the average person on the street??
Ted Heath?? Big deal, they had still to get to 1973!!

Compared to other years, not much happened in the UK in this year (especially compared to decimalisation in 1971) unless you know better :wacko:

With all I have just posted above, I like the bike even more as it means that something else remotely ordinary and down to earth happened in that year, but, alas, I still can't buy the bike :giggle:

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
And we had to wait until 1973 for the 3 day week and petrol rationing ! Bike's too far away.

Shaun

OP
OP
broady

broady

Veteran
We are heading up to Scotland towards the end of may to cycle. Will have a full load of bikes on the rack, but I could my dad if we could box it and put it on the roof?
Let me know

midlife

Guru
Hi

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated :smile:. It would be easier for your dad if there were two local people who want the bike and get into s bidding war :smile:. I'll wait for the auction to finish and if your dad still has it at the end of May then perhaps I could meet you at an M6 service station. Southwaite is about 5 miles away :smile:

Shaun

Top Bottom