Audax 631 steel roadie (Aravis)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goody

Veteran
It’s a steel reynolds 631 frame and fork made in a far eastern factory and stickered to their customers specs. this one was an Aravis sold by Byercycles now gone out of business due to retirement.
The frame is the same as in the bikes below.
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/chiltern-39909/

http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/pearson-easy-come-easy-go-1972.html

Frame size is top tube length 56cm, seat tube BB to top 56cm. It was stripped and resprayed satin black when I bought it. I work in London and wanted a bike I could leave locked up without attracting too much attention.

Most of the components are new or almost new because I bought a Cannondale CX bike and swapped over most bits I could. Couldn't swap the wheels because the CX bike is disc so bought the Giant wheels from a friend.

Wheels Giant PR2 (as new) tyres Bontrager AWS racelite hard case, 28 rear 25 front almost new.

Chainset Truvativ touro 36 (new) 50 (lightly used) Bottom Bracket 9 months old.

SPD Pedals (I’m leaving them on as the socket for the allen key to remove one of them is rounded out, I can get them off if required but it will wreck the pedal).

Cassette 9 speed 11-28, derailleurs and shifters are Sora and new.

Headset Cane Creek sealed cartridge bearings not new but seem ok.

Stem Cinnelli Pista, Bars and seatpost Cannondale C4 new. I have got a flatter stem if required which would look a bit racier but will lower the bars and be a bit low for a bike for long distances.

Saddle Cannondale (looks like it was made in the same factory as a Charge Spoon).

Tektro brakes not new but work fine and fitted with new blocks.

I put it on the bathroom scales and it was 10.1 KG.

Test rides welcome prefer collection or I could deliver it for cost of diesel from SM5.

Hoping to get £300 for it.
20150126_200530Medium.jpg
20150126_200622Medium.jpg 20150126_200613Medium.jpg 20150126_200553Medium.jpg 20150126_200540Medium.jpg

Top Bottom