Audio books?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've decided to download some audiobooks to while away the long drive to and from Paris this weekend. Went to Amazon and they're banging on about signing up to audible.co.uk (or something that sounds similar). I just want a bog standard mp3 download that will work on Android phone and the ipod. Any recommendations for where to shop? :unsure:

potsy

Rambler
Archers omnibus? :thumbsup:

your local library. seriously. we signed up at our local library and they have an online service free for audio books. not sure if you can use them offline though - you may need to check that bit out, but worth a shot. they are free that way and didn't seem to be too bad a selection.

PS - whatever you do, do not listen to Bill Bryson's own narration of A Short History of Nearly Everything. As fascinating as it is, and it really is completely fascinating, we can not listen to more than a couple of tracks (if that sometimes) before nodding off to sleep... and it has now been banned as a car audio book for this reason. Great when on tour and some in the tent next to you is noisy etc... but not one for driving to!

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
I've decided to download some audiobooks to while away the long drive to and from Paris this weekend. Went to Amazon and they're banging on about signing up to audible.co.uk (or something that sounds similar). I just want a bog standard mp3 download that will work on Android phone and the ipod. Any recommendations for where to shop? :unsure:

Audible is Great for cheap audio books and work on Ipods there is also an audible app for most android devices. I have a 24 book package that cost £100ish quid (a bargain as some of the books i DL'd were £30 plus)
Sparkyman

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Librivox do free recordings of out of copyright books, should you want any of them. Read by volunteers, so a bit of a gamble in terms of the quality of the reading, but most of the ones I have listened to have been fine.

(And Bill Bryson didn't put me to sleep!)

Top Bottom