Audio books

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Anyone on here listen to audio books . I used to like reading but find I have little time to sit on my bum and read . I do however walk a lot and thinking it might kill two birds with one stone !

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I listen to loads of audiobooks, mainly because I have to as part of my job.

Two most recent ones are
Coffee first and then the World by Jenny Graham https://jenny-graham.com/book/

And

Where the Crawdads Sing.

Both excellent books.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I like a good audiobook , not as involving as a decent read (what is ?) but enjoyable non the less.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I listen to audio books while I sew in the evenings. I get them from the library via the BorrowBox app. There are one or two I've abandoned because I didn't like the narrator but usually it doesn't bother me. I listen to (and read) a lot of crime novels but I find that sagas work well for listening. I'm listening to a Kate Mosse novel at the minute.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I listen to audio books while I sew in the evenings. I get them from the library via the BorrowBox app. There are one or two I've abandoned because I didn't like the narrator but usually it doesn't bother me. I listen to (and read) a lot of crime novels but I find that sagas work well for listening. I'm listening to a Kate Mosse novel at the minute.

I use borrowbox, it's excellent. While the more popular ebooks often have a long waiting list, the audio version ( if available ) is usually an immediate download.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mrs D is a big fan of audiobooks and podcasts. She has a 35 minute drive home and uses them as a means of unwinding after a hard day doing managerial stuff (I dunno, counting paper clips or something.)

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I have listened to a few in my time, but only autobiographies read by the author. Stephen Fry (2 of them) and Clarissa Dickson Wright. All 3 were superb, as it feels like the person is telling you their story in your ear.

My partner has just been listening to Matthew Perry's audiobook as well.

I think I have only listened to a few pages of fiction read by someone else, I find most of them are american males whose voices don't really do it for me.

tyred

Legendary Member
If you like the classics, there are countless audiobook versions of Dickens, Hardy, etc to be found on YouTube. If you don't like the narrator, just try a different one.

Top Bottom