Aura/blurred vision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
OK, does anyone else get shapes in their peripheral vision following strenuous exercise (ie cycling)?

It's like a more acute version of what a migraine sufferer sees, ie a kind of prismatic effect, and it's usually accompanied by a moderate headache. It lasts about 15-20 minutes usually.

It's been happening for about 3 or 4 months I think. As I struggle to get enough cycling in these days I tend to put more effort in when I do get out...

Thanks

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

Booyaa

Veteran
I used to get the same things, and did get migraines as a kid. After suffering a seizure once (first one ever and while out cycling) I got a battery of tests and turned out I had an arteriovenous malformation. Couple of bits of brain surgery and a heap of drugs later and I am as good as new (sort of).

I doubt it is this but will be worth keeping an eye on.

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I used to get the same things, and did get migraines as a kid. After suffering a seizure once (first one ever and while out cycling) I got a battery of tests and turned out I had an arteriovenous malformation. Couple of bits of brain surgery and a heap of drugs later and I am as good as new (sort of).

:ohmy: I certainly will, thanks.

Well, it went off after about 10 mins today, and no headache. Thanks everyone.

Blimey Booyaa glad to see you got over it but " couple of bits of brain surgery " braver than me then. Well done you.

Top Bottom