Authorial pen names

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I was wondering what my pen name or pseudonym would be if I were an author of books. I'd need one because I would not want fans turning up at my door day and night, asking to take selfies with me and pressing me on when my next book would be published. The first name that popped into my head was Rupert Mangrove. I wonder what genre of books that name would lend itself to. I was hoping Westerns. It used to be that any good Western books were immediately turned into films, but Westerns have become rather unfashionable the last 30 years.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’m going with

Rene Lightfoot

Sharky

Guru
Strange as it may seem, there was a good and well known cyclist by the name of Lightfoot.

Ernie was his name.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Strange as it may seem, there was a good and well known cyclist by the name of Lightfoot.

Ernie was his name.
There was a group of Italian writers who collectively called themselves Luther Blisset, after the prolific Watford centre forward, who later played for some Italian club. So Ernie Lightfoot, why not?

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Rupert Mangrove sounds like someone who would write D-rate erotica.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I’m thinking of writing a book on how to start an argument on an online forum.......but for the life of me can’t think of a suitable pen name.

Top Bottom