Autism and Aspergers Syndrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
It's not exactly like that in this particular instance, in that the funding was fine, even generous, until 12 or 18 months ago. I'm not a big follower of these things, but I believe there was a new funding formula developed then, and my wife's school appears to be one of those that didn't come out of it so well.

MikeG

Guru
Homeschooling in rural America is very common, and they pretty much do have virtual teachers.

Which brings with it a huge array of problems, including the persistence of Creationism, lack of social skills, absorption into cults, abuse of children going unseen, and so on. I think this an extremely unhealthy situation.

Home school is for a slew of reasons. A friend of mine was a distance education teacher, and her students included kids who had been excluded from school for various reasons, kids with depressed immune systems (eg cancer sufferers), kids working or otherwise away from home (actors and athletes mostly), kids that lived in remote places, kids who couldn't cope in the class room for various reasons and - yes - the Exclusive Brethren, a solidly wingnut religious group.

Notes
  1. I say "kids" but it was high school, so mostly teenagers.
  2. My friends had quit teaching in normal schools when she intervened when a boy grabbed a girls breasts, and the boy pulled a knife on her.:eek:

It's not exactly like that in this particular instance, in that the funding was fine, even generous, until 12 or 18 months ago. I'm not a big follower of these things, but I believe there was a new funding formula developed then, and my wife's school appears to be one of those that didn't come out of it so well.

I don't _think_ the government's new national funding formula for schools generally has been fully implemented yet - that's a couple of years away. But school funding has been cut in real terms for a few years now.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....lish-schools-recycling-heads-justine-greening

There's also been a transition from children with additional needs being awarded Statements of Special Educational Need/LDAs at authority level and the use of of IEPs (individual education plans) at school.level towards the new system of MSPs (My Support Plan) which i think work at a school level and EHC Plans (Education, Health and Care Plans) which require LA assessment/involvement.

U

User33236

I’m sure everyone sits somewhere on the scale and there are several online tests you can do to get an idea where you sit.

I've tried several and typically get an AQ of 34 or 35. Something like 28 to 31 is borderline with 80% going on to be confirmed.

What difference does it make? Ain’t got a clue but life is going well and I don’t give a damn :laugh:

MikeG

Guru
You write for the Daily Wail

If you mean the Daily Fail, then I wouldn't even use it on my compost heap, let alone read it......and I use words with 3 syllables sometimes so I am disqualified from writing for it.

and ICMFP ^_^

Had to Duckduckgo this. I'd never heard of the International Conference on Mathematical Fallacies and Paradoxes before, so I can confidently say no to that too.

Top Bottom