Autumn clothing

phoenix

It's getting a bit cold out on the bike in only shorts and a short sleeved top. I think my legs will be ok for a few months yet but what sort of clothing should I be looking at for this time of year. My winter kit of thick, wind insulated long sleeved jacket with a long sleeved base layer does me proud but would be way to warm for now.
I have used some arm warmers but found that my torso was getting cold so used two short sleeved tops but I think I need something else.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation

barq

I went out for a ride after dark yesterday and there was a real chill in the air. For the chilly, but not yet freezing cold period I tend to wear 3/4 length shorts (Endura Humvees) or 3/4 bib tights to keep the knees warm. The other thing I reach for quite quickly are the full fingered gloves as you hands do tend to get the full blast of the cold air. I normally give up on short sleeved tops at this time of year. I've got a few base layers of different thicknesses including this Endura Thermolite model. I like the fact that it has a zip for when you inevitably get too hot going up a hill.

Hopefully some of the above may help - but its a very personal thing and what works for me may not be perfect for you.

Top Bottom