Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adds21

Rider of bikes
The avatars appear to be different on the main, and mobile sites...

For example, my "smiley face" avatar looks fine on the "normal" site, but if I view the forum on my iPhone, my posts are missing an avatar. The reason I noticed this however is that some people have different avatars on the mobile site to the one on the "normal" site.

Bit odd!

OP
OP
adds21

adds21

Rider of bikes
The avatars appear to be different on the main, and mobile sites...

For example, my "smiley face" avatar looks fine on the "normal" site, but if I view the forum on my iPhone, my posts are missing an avatar. The reason I noticed this however is that some people have different avatars on the mobile site to the one on the "normal" site.

Bit odd!

Ah! It appears that the normal site is using the "Avatar" picture, and the Mobile site is using the "Photo" picture from the user profile.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ah! It appears that the normal site is using the "Avatar" picture, and the Mobile site is using the "Photo" picture from the user profile.

It looks like the profile pic is being used for the comments bit on the right hand side of the main index too...

Shaun

Founder
Yes, there's an inconsistency in the use of avatars and profile pics but it's not something I can "fix".

There's also some debate on the developers forum about changing to a single image to use site-wide for user profiles and avatars alike, which make come into play in the future.

For now though, it's just one of those oddities that we'll have to get used to.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Yes, there's an inconsistency in the use of avatars and profile pics but it's not something I can "fix".

There's also some debate on the developers forum about changing to a single image to use site-wide for user profiles and avatars alike, which make come into play in the future.

For now though, it's just one of those oddities that we'll have to get used to.

Cheers,
Shaun :sad:
Does this mean that I will need to find a new avatar?

Top Bottom