Avoiding being knocked off at roundabouts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I am considering dressing like a copper and painting my bike like a coppers bike to see if drivers are a bit more considerate. You can get the high viz vests with "POLITE" rather than "POLICE" written on them which look hugely convincing at a glance and it shoulbd't be a problem to put some black and white checks on my helmet. The right trousers and shirt and a judiciously placed mobile phone and I think it would be quite convincing.
Although I'm only joking I have nearly convinced myself to try this out.

tadpole

Do not think that they think... treat everyone as a idiot, and be happy when people prove youi wrong. become a mime artist. Signal clearly and early, assume that someone will try and kill you at least once per mile and act accordingly. I was knocked off my bike years ago resulting in eight months off work, learning to walk/talk again, and two years before I was doing both as well as I could before the accident. (which to be honest was not great) the woman who knocked me down and then parked on top of me, didn't look as she "never normally sees bikes on that roundabout" I didn't cycle on the road for years as I was too chicken. but now I'm extra careful and do not treat other road uses as humans, just robots. I think for them, saying that there are still a few close calls.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
I often think of the best way to roll over a persons bonnet or have a escape route already planned in the event they pull out.

I'd say listen too for cars that seem to be accelerating hard from other entrances, I've been on a RAB at Hartford/Huntingdon a couple of times and nearly come a cropper from young lads in little fast cars trying to fling themselves around the RAB and only looking right, not for something in front of them going a slow 15mph. I avoid it now.

Top Bottom