Avon (aftershave etc) do they still have brochures and reps.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We used to get regular calls. They would leave a brochure then call 'next week' to collect your order.
I have tried in vain to find any......I fear they have followed the trend for online buying only.
What think you?

Chris S

Legendary Member
They still exist but they no longer do personal calls. You have to interact with them online. They could be ChatBots for all you know!
https://avon.uk.com/pages/store

"Ding dong - Avon calling!"

They're strilll out there and still trading, but like white dog poo, you just don't see as many as you used to in the 70s! I imagine that Covid drove them online if they weren't already headed that way anyway.

I always associated Avon more with tyres and the muddy river than cosmetics anyway :laugh:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
https://www.shopwithmyrep.co.uk/representative/?attach=21327597

good question.. think they are largely online but still have the rep model. pop in your postcode, they probably take your order and deliver....

edit to add...

they apparently increased reps in lockdown. I guess its a local franchise type model so you order and they deliver.

there appaers to be about 5 in my village??!! but delivery is thru Evri,,,I'm genuingly confused about their business model....
1692096420947.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
https://www.shopwithmyrep.co.uk/representative/?attach=21327597

good question.. think they are largely online but still have the rep model. pop in your postcode, they probably take your order and deliver....

edit to add...

they apparently increased reps in lockdown. I guess its a local franchise type model so you order and they deliver.

there appaers to be about 5 in my village??!! but delivery is thru Evri,,,I'm genuingly confused about their business model....
View attachment 702731

It is very confusing.
Been 'on line' and it lists reps in your area........but you cant get to interact ie speak to a human.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It is very confusing.
Been 'on line' and it lists reps in your area........but you cant get to interact ie speak to a human.

do the search for rep bit... the when the results come up, you can click shop with me to somehow ceedit them with what products you buy, but the is also a "contact me" button:

1692097915865.png

- click that and you can either send an email or on the one I tried it also listed their emial and phone number - so you could call your local one and ask them to drop you a brochure in....

oldwheels

Legendary Member
When I did photography as a sideline the Avon Lady was a good customer. They had prize presentations to the local reps but required pictures of the prizes actually being handed over to prove to headquarters that the area chief was not on the fiddle.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Knock, knock.

“Who’s there?”

“Avon. Yer doorbell’s f*cked.”

Top Bottom