Avon & Somerset police camera upload update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I was pleased to see figures released by my local police yesterday for what they have done with 179 dashcam/bikecam reports.

View: https://twitter.com/ASPRoadSafety/status/1326456469827575810

From these reports they "processed" 201 offences issuing 100 prosecutions and 85 warning letters. They also check reported vehicles for tax, mot and insurance.

Although I would like to have updates on those specific cases where I've been endangered/distressed, this is a worthwhile road safety endeavour.

I seem to be the only person in South Glos reporting last month though.

Slick

Guru
Seems like a very worthwhile endeavor, well done. 👍

Richard is a bit of an erse though. :whistle:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Whatever you think of warning letters, 185 actions out of 203 videos is a remarkably high hit rate.

I would have predicted the coppers would have received a lot more 'fuss about nothing' videos of the type sometimes posted on here.

Another good thing is the OP and others who have submitted videos have effectively trained Gloucester coppers to expect something worth looking at when the next one arrives.

Much better if the officer dealing is thinking 'this could be good' when he presses the play button, rather than thinking 'I'm probably wasting my time on another pile of cack'.

Drago

Legendary Member
The warning letters sound robust and exciting, but are an utter waste if time. No one anywhere ever stopped committing any type of crime, including road crime, because someone wagged a finger at them - just the opposite, they feel they got away with it, which they did.

The rest of it is excllent though, and is pretty robust compared to our local mob.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Whatever you think of warning letters, 185 actions out of 203 videos is a remarkably high hit rate.

I would have predicted the coppers would have received a lot more 'fuss about nothing' videos of the type sometimes posted on here.

Another good thing is the OP and others who have submitted videos have effectively trained Gloucester coppers to expect something worth looking at when the next one arrives.

Much better if the officer dealing is thinking 'this could be good' when he presses the play button, rather than thinking 'I'm probably wasting my time on another pile of cack'.

Gloucester are rubbish, this is Avon & Somerset. Friends in Gloucester get NFAs on the worst close passes.

Avon & Somerset really seem to be trying hard & see the benefits of catching dangerous drivers before they cause more nasty statistics, thankfully.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The warning letters sound robust and exciting, but are an utter waste if time. No one anywhere ever stopped committing any type of crime, including road crime, because someone wagged a finger at them - just the opposite, they feel they got away with it, which they did.

The rest of it is excllent though, and is pretty robust compared to our local mob.
I guess they keep a note and will prosecute a repeat offender.. the average old dear who skims past me because she's always overtaken cyclists too close will be mortified to get a billet doux from the rozzers (I hope!)

Top Bottom