Aw, bless the little kiddies...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fnaar said:
Rosie:
rosie_riveter.jpg

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I was thinking of.... And yes, Sam, one of the ticket sellers at lunchtime sighed that someone was bound to try and come dressed as a Nazi... There's one in every year. Not nazi, but eejit.

Waffly, not history, but archaeology, so I suppose if you're interested in the cultural remains of 10,000 years ago, a decade or so last century isn't so much. But I did point it out at lunchtime when I got my ticket and they all sighed "yeah, that was Andy" in a tone that implied that 'Andy' is lovable, but clueless...

And I have ascertained that there will be Glen Miller. Unless the CD disappears mysteriously.

SamNichols

Ahh Andy. Andy puts on a good party, such crazy parties.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Arch said:
Hmm. Sinatra (mainly 50's/60's?), Crosby (the same), Rat Pack (ditto), Champagne (huh?!), Marilyn Monroe (60's again), Fred & Ginger (20's/30's!),
Audrey Hepburn (50s/60s). Nice one. They've put up posters with pics of Sinatra (see above) and Indiana Jones (all set in the 30's).

Sinatra: Anchors Aweigh (1945), On the Town (1949) and others from 1942 on;
Crosby: Road to Singapore (1940), Holiday Inn (1942), Road to Rio (1947) etc;
Fred Astaire: Broadway Melody of 1940 (1940), Ziegfeld Follies (1946), Easter parade (1948) etc;
Ginger Rogers: Tales of Manhattan (1942), The Barkleys of Broadway (1949) etc;
Marilyn Monroe: Ladies of the Chorus (1948).

I hope you're not marking their exams...........

A tisket, a tasket, a brown and yellow basket,
I took a letter for my mommy on the way I dropped it

I know it was from immeadiate post war but (while clearing out a house recently) I discovered my VERY EARLY childhood Ration Book, with pages unused.

Arch, so you won't want my original 10" vinyl of the Glen Miller Story?

How about a box of early '40s plastic singles of Artie Shaw, Spike Jones & His City Slickers etc ? I feel a trip to the attic coming on.

this could be the only incidence where cocoa kept people awake.

(i was going to say kept them up, but thought better of it)

Top Bottom