Awaiting the next installment...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
My extended morning commute takes in a bit of road by a primary school. There's a painted cycle lane (not very wide), with a dotted line, and in two places, it's also bordered by a little traffic island - the sort where the cycles go to the left, and cars to the right. Being outside a school, and having double yellows on it, as well as being a cycle lane, there are often parents parked in it dropping off or picking up...

Last week, one day, there was a big people carrier, at the kerb, facing towards me, right before (from my POV) the first island, with a woman getting kids out of it. I refrained from comment, moved out to the right of the island and went past.

Next day, I reckon someone had had a word, as she was not at the kerb, but had avoided the double yellows and cycle lane by stopping on the hatched lines in front of the island (so the car is about 2-3 feet out from the kerb). The cycle lane would have been clear, if it hadn't been full of the woman and her kids. I refrained from comment once again, and moved out.

Today, the whole area was clear, no sign of her - and then just as I'm heading to go to the left of the island, lo! and behold, up she comes from the other direction and pulls into the cycle lane, behind (from my POV) the island.

Today, I shook my head and rolled my eyes and did a "WTF!" shrug at her - and she saw me.

I'm looking forward to seeing what she manages tomorrow.;)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Keep making eye contact until she definitely knows your face, then dress up as a copper and approach her one day - might give her a fright

potsy

Rambler
hackbike 666 said:
Thanks god! I thought this was another cycle lane bashing thread.:biggrin:
No it's just Arch being horrid to a poor mother who pays road tax and is entitled to go where she wants,when she wants.Shame on you Arch;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
marinyork said:
Guessing there's a sporting chance it's Hes Road?

It is. That cycle lane is a joke really, so many people park there to drop off and pick up kids. But it's worth using if it's clear, because the road is narrow, with speed cushions, and a little bit uphill, and drivers are too busy trying to dodge the cushions to pay attention.

Dammit, I missed her today. There was no sign of her at the spot, but when I got to the end and turned left down Green Dykes Lane, she was just turning in to my right.

POLITE vest probably wouldn't help - since we tend to be face to face, not her seeing my back....

Top Bottom