Awful Cramps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I've always found it happens when I haven't been cycling very much and suddenly decide to put in a lot of effort so I guess it is fitness related.

OP
OP
J

Jack Hammer

I like the comment about the guy with a beer gut so bike his knees were apart. Jeez I'm not that big, lol. Though I do like to ride with a high seat to keep my legs straight, so high I have to stand on both feet when I stop. I think it's down to fitness and hydration, the fact it happened around the point of what was my previous longest ride and sweating points to this. Thanks for all your really helpful comments.

Citius

I like the comment about the guy with a beer gut so bike his knees were apart. Jeez I'm not that big, lol. Though I do like to ride with a high seat to keep my legs straight, so high I have to stand on both feet when I stop. I think it's down to fitness and hydration, the fact it happened around the point of what was my previous longest ride and sweating points to this. Thanks for all your really helpful comments.

If your feet can touch the floor while sitting on the saddle, then your saddle is probably too low.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Cut out the eggs on toast , cheese sarnie and banana but take the water with you . You will get fitter and you don't need all that food for 30 miles .

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Not a good idea skipping breakfast in my opinion but agree you shouldn't really need extra food on a 30 miler.

vickster

Legendary Member
Cut out the eggs on toast , cheese sarnie and banana but take the water with you . You will get fitter and you don't need all that food for 30 miles .
Unless he actually has a medical condition like diabetes which makes the eating side of things more important

I'd go for porridge rather than egg and toast myself for breakfast, good slow release carbs

OP
OP
J

Jack Hammer

No medical conditions. My feet don't touch the floor when I'm in the saddle, I meant I can't sit and have one foot on the floor as Oi have the saddle so high, which is more comfortable. As for the banana and cheese sarni, it's not extra fuel for the journey, it's lunch, I like to stop in a nice spot and take 1o mins.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Unless he actually has a medical condition like diabetes which makes the eating side of things more important

I'd go for porridge rather than egg and toast myself for breakfast, good slow release carbs
I have 2 fried eggs for Brekkie before every ride and it's fine. Keeps you feeling full too.

creashor

I've been suffering with cramps and mentioned it to a friend (who is a Doctor) and he pointed me towards www.overstims.com and their range of products, particularly the Antioxydant gel. I used one yesterday after I felt the first twinge of cramp in my left leg - the cramp didn't return. Coincidence? Maybe. Psychosomatic? Maybe. All I know is that I took it and the cramp went - job done.

Top Bottom