Aye Ooop Lad...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Have a good one, Yorkshireman, and eat as much cake as you want...............just ride a little further tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much everyone. I tried to post earlier but this old 'puter had a hissy fit (it's getting that floppy stuck up its backside tomorrow if it carries on like that :biggrin:). Anyway ... Had my usual early morning potter around the lanes and arrived back just in time to catch the parcel-post man with a package from SJS containing one of these
BastaPilot.jpg

(present from my wife Pam) to replace this
2007_0929MillerDyno0002.jpg

Postie back again at around mid-day with another parcel from Spa Cycles with one of these inside
AXA.jpg

to replace this
2008_0325Update0007.jpg

The old lamp and dynamo are both over 30 years old so I'm looking forward to a bit more light ahead now :ohmy:. Very pleasant day (apart from much swearing at the computer), and at teatime a further surprise
2008_0402April0002.jpg

Pam reckons there wasn't a cake big enough for 67 candles and our son Chris says that I wouldn't be able to blow that many out anyway (he's probably right :biggrin:). So ... Help yourself to some cake (before Chris 'sorts' it out), and thanks again for the good wishes :biggrin:.

Ps
When I get the new gear on the bike I'll no doubt be posting more pics :blush:.

longers

Legendary Member
Fantastic cake ;).

How did they get a picture of your bike onto it? Is it an edible picture?

Mornin longers ;). This one was from Asda, but other places offer the same thing. It's done using a scanner that scans any artwork/photo etc (original might have to be no larger than A4) and prints (using vegetable dyes) onto a thin sheet of icing. The sheet is then dampened on the back and placed on the iced cake of your choice. The picture quality isn't quite as good as the original but it looks better than my photo (small compact camera and poor light at the time I took the shot), and yes it's edible - in fact there's not much left now :wacko:. I think that Pam got the pic off my computer (it's one I have set as background on the monitor) ... that could explain why the 'puter has been a bit 'off' in the last couple of days :smile:.

Top Bottom