AyUp purchase thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spooky

Hi, Is anyone still interested in any of the Ay Up lights? I'd like to order a V4 set but don't want to have to fork out for postage. I'm based in Bolton/Manchester and you can email me at ac01@zetnet.co.uk - If I order two sets we can probably get them down to less than £310 each
Alan

spooky

Ay Up Lights order

Anyone interested in any Ay Up products before I send my order in?

busa 1300

SavageHoutkop said:
For anyone who's interested, checked out my order Thursday morning.
Notification of shipping was sent to me Friday super-early (that time zone difference thing!) and it arrived this afternoon! Reviews etc to follow... ;)

How are you getting on? - I'm waiting for the review before I decide to buy or not.

What beam set up did you go for?

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I went for just the normal handlebar kit and the light casing is blue because it was the only colour they had at the time :blush:

I certainly dont regret buying them I go out on a 15 mile ride round the perimeter of my town every night I get the chance, it is a mixture of rough off road cycle path with no lighting at all, dark backroads and main roads, not a problem at all for me at anytime of the year.

Also they do get you noticed on the road at night but mostly I got them so I can see where I am going on country lanes and off road trail/bike paths, I once got caught out coming over the moors when it got dark and I couldnt see a thing ;). I also have a 9 LED Electron front light I use in flashing mode when in traffic and a backup cheapo front light and 3 back lights.

The battery only needs charging around once a week and the lights can fit in my pocket if I need to go into a shop as they weigh next to nothing and dont get hot unlike the halogen ones.

OP
OP
SavageHoutkop

SavageHoutkop

Veteran
I'm on a 'intermediate' beam for 'handlebar' use. Have noticed if this is mounted low down on bike (really low, I ride a Brompton, above the front wheel) it's not really the right angle, suspect you need a 'wider' one (and conversely if you're going to put it on your helmet you'll probably want one of the narrow beams).

I got the V4 pack but for two bikes; and bought a few extra mounts.

busa 1300

Glad your happy with them...you can deal with the expense if they make your ride more fun.
I go out on cross country with some relatively fast sections. I've been making do with a pair of Halfords 'specials' so far.. they're not bad and I ended up taping one to my helmet last year. But this year I'm going to treat myself and I think these fit the bill.

busa 1300

SavageHoutkop said:
I'm on a 'intermediate' beam for 'handlebar' use. Have noticed if this is mounted low down on bike (really low, I ride a Brompton, above the front wheel) it's not really the right angle, suspect you need a 'wider' one (and conversely if you're going to put it on your helmet you'll probably want one of the narrow beams).

I got the V4 pack but for two bikes; and bought a few extra mounts.

I was thinking of an intermediate on the bars and narrow on the helmet - I keep flicking between the inter/narrow and medium/narrow photos on the Ay-up website and can't decide what looks best.

I suppose I might be indecisive......not sure!!!!

OP
OP
SavageHoutkop

SavageHoutkop

Veteran
For my purposes, I definitely don't need two on at the same time (or don't yet, anyway).
The beam shots don't show different angles so well, when you have two bikes side by side with different mounting heights it's easier to spot. I think the narrow helmet, intermediate handlebar is the best choice - although I'm making this assumption based purely on what the intermediate looks like mounted at two different heights.

Top Bottom