B luggage block on the back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brommieinkorea

Anyone install a front luggage block on the rear rack or over the rear wheel etc ? Curious as to the feasibility of this as it could make bag removal quick and the sub frame would keep a tall bag from flopping about and keep it away from my heels.

Tenkaykev

Guru
There's a YouTube channel " Nottinghamshire madness " The guy has several Brommies and one of them has a small piece of extra seat post tube complete with luggage block mounted under the saddle.

Schwinnsta

I made a quick release block from a quick release rack. I use it when I need more room than the bag on the front provides

Brompton shopping (2).jpg

Brompton block quick release.jpg

Schwinnsta

Nice modification. How does it ride with a load ? Limitations ?

No real limitations. I prefer the load in the front where I can see it and more easily access it. On my first attempt, the beam of the rack was too long, and I cut it down. I could feel the load and the moment from it. I had to cut it down and find the best length for me. I also had to modify the plastic block to get a better angle.

Schwinnsta

OP
OP
brommieinkorea

brommieinkorea

Not well engineered. It is too close to the seatpost. The bag should be clear of the post more. That said, it is well executed. It would be more expensive if a beam was welded to it.

Note too, if you were to lower it down, what ever you're carrying is likely in heel strike range of pedaling.

Yeah, but very interesting to see I'm not the only one who thought it would be nice to have interchangeable bags for the Brompton. Maybe I'll come up with something using an extra luggage block. I'll try to remember to share my excessive luggage solution with the forum.

Gunk

Guru
Not well engineered. It is too close to the seatpost. The bag should be clear of the post more. That said, it is well executed. It would be more expensive if a beam was welded to it.

Note too, if you were to lower it down, what ever you're carrying is likely in heel strike range of pedaling.

There is another version which is longer, the shorter version I posted earlier is for an extended seat post.

https://www.eerdermetaal.nl/brompto...uggage-adapter-Model-4/p/531181369/category=0

Last edited:
Top Bottom