B*!!@##!!!!!!!!!!! tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't really notice im using a special tyre unless I look at it I guess.

Must try Marathon Plus sometime I have heard a lot of good things about it.

OP
OP
Twanger

Twanger

Über Member
I apologise to my tyres. I was annoyed and I spoke in anger. They are great tyres. I accused them of being ripped to shreds when really they are just scuffed around the edges.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Well I apologise, because my defence of Specialized tyres is looking silly. The Babe's rear has now got a bobble in it, and is kinked sideways. That can only happen if the tyre is badly constructed.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I use all sorts, whatever comes cheap 2nd hand or on the bikes I get off ebay. Have to say I was very disappointed by the Conti tyres I got after enthusiastic feedback hereabouts - GP4000s and Gatorskins, both cut up really badly and went down often. recently I've had a Bontrager RaceLight on the front and something called a Michelin Axial Select which has apparently been withdrawn/renamed on the back, and so far they've been great. A month in and virtually no signs of wear, much less damage, or visits from You Know Who.

Plax

Guru
I don't think any tyre is perfect. I've had 2 proper punctures with my Marathon's (the other 2 punctures were a result of me not getting the original cause of the last puncture out so I don't count them). I've had no punctures at all with my Tioaga City Slicker II tyres.
Having said that I use the bike with the Marathons on the most, so I could be cursing the City Slickers if I used that bike frequently.

OP
OP
Twanger

Twanger

Über Member
dellzeqq said:
Well I apologise, because my defence of Specialized tyres is looking silly. The Babe's rear has now got a bobble in it, and is kinked sideways. That can only happen if the tyre is badly constructed.

My beef with the Specialized is that road crap sticks to it, and then worms its way into the innards of the wheel in a way that other tyres seem to resist better. The last set of tyres I had on a bike in London were Wolbers. This was in the 80s, and I can't find wolbers these days. Anyway, the tyres seemed to shed road crap, like glass and sharp gravel, before it wiggled through gaps in time, space and rubber into the soft centre.

Top Bottom